Steeda S550 IRS Differential Bushing Inserts

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I pulled the black ones out. Too much gear whine and other noises with them in. Pulled them out and everything is quiet again.

Hmmmmm, that's interesting. Wonder how much these noise are subjective to everyone. I am really leaning towards the black ones as I have a loud exhaust setup.

gqneon

Established Member
Hmmmmm, that's interesting. Wonder how much these noise are subjective to everyone. I am really leaning towards the black ones as I have a loud exhaust setup.

I just got done installing the aluminum version and a BMR Cradle Lockout kit. I can't hear any gear whine or any significant additional NVH. What I do hear more of is my exhaust for some reason, and a little more of the transmission and driveshaft noise at times. Not annoying at all. I've had solid motor mounts in other cars that were unbearable. These are almost undetectable - my wife didn't even notice when we took the boys out for ice cream tonight.

I can tell that there's a little more trans noise (gear rollover in low, clutch noise engaging/disengaging) that gets transmitted down the driveshaft. That's it. I actually kind of like it.

So aluminum is the way to go it seems - not sure why urethane would have been louder. I probably just installed it all wrong ahahah...

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread