Steeda shifter & bracket

Zevox

Established Member
Question for guys with the steeda shifter and bracket. Which bushing are you guys using in the mount? Also curious which spring everyone prefers in the shifter, the normal or the stiffer reverse lock out spring?

Zevox

Established Member
Left in the regular spring and used the red bushing for now. The lower bracket isn't hard to change if I want the black later.

I haven't driven my car yet, it got dark before I could do my clutch line, but initial impressions are good. It feels like a good medium between the Barton and stock. Has a good feel but its a normal feel not a race car feel. Excited to drive it and hear what noise difference there is. I put in that gasket the guy on here sells too so it should be pretty quiet.

tj@steeda

Established Member
Zevox,

Keep us updated as to when you drive it ... you won't be disappointed.

Best Regards,

TJ

Zevox

Established Member
Zevox,

Keep us updated as to when you drive it ... you won't be disappointed.

Best Regards,

TJ

Got my wheels on the ground tonight and drove around some. First off the Steeda is SO smooth. I honestly can't remember the feel of the stock one, but the Barton felt like you were pushing it into gear, not a bad feeling, just aggressive. The Steeda glides in like it's meant to be there. Noise level seems less but that could be because I added a CobraBob gasket and my shift boot was not properly installed(it is now, these mechanics around here...). I didn't have a two-post bracket, just the standard Barton one so maybe it's quieter anyway?

The throw is noticeably longer than the Barton, first time I went into second gear I let off the clutch a little before I had it engaged all the way. Made a juicy grind noise. Other than that mess up it's all good. The Steeda pops less going into gear than the Barton did. I had a bad problem missing 5th with the Barton and with the Steeda I think the longer throw helps me get it engaged right. All the shifts seem easier I assume because the longer throw lets me actually line the shift up and not just cram it in. As of now I don't see the need for the black bushing, the red is working fine. If I start missing gears at the track or something I'll swap them out to test.

Well spent $262 black Friday special!

Users who are viewing this thread