steeda short shifter gt 500

6-Speed

Established Member
You have the Tri-ax shifter, which is Steeda's product name for their shifter. The UCA or upper control arm is an unrelated component that serves as part of the rear suspension. It connects the upper part of the differential housing (pumpkin) to a bracket mounted to the frame.

shelbypowered

Established Member
You have the Tri-ax shifter, which is Steeda's product name for their shifter. The UCA or upper control arm is an unrelated component that serves as part of the rear suspension. It connects the upper part of the differential housing (pumpkin) to a bracket mounted to the frame.
thank- you I was confused and you answered my question. See your in Az also - live in Tucson and run sir when I can at a test and tune- not to many problems but I am not a good shifter- some people have the knack- so I run mid 12s on drag radials and 373 gears- also poor lights so if I bracket race it is hard to run the numbers against real race cars- seldom see very many street cars unless it is street legal night and no water box and that is when the wheel hop shows up unless you take off like a pussy cat. Fast enough for me- seems the faster you go with mods the more items you need to keep the car from breaking-to stop my chabbering I assume it is a rear suspension part to help on launching and stop wheel hop- thanks again- Az great we can drive all year.

6-Speed

Established Member
I am in the Phoenix area. I was just in Tucson 3 weeks ago and visited Saguaro national park. I don't do any racing so I have not experienced the wheel-hop like many others although I do occassionally stomp on throttle to hear that SC whine. Many have replaced their lower control arms (LCAs) and UCAs with after-market parts and claim substantial reduction in the hop. Yeah, I read about others up north who moth-ball their cars all winter and pray for spring to come along; being able to drive the Shelby all year long is quite the benefit of being in AZ.

Users who are viewing this thread