Steeda strut tower brace... any good?

jeffsavage

Established Member
Is this worth it? It only is 100 bucks and looks nice. Will it help out on this car? Steeda does offer SVTOA members 10% off as well, correct? I noticed that the dash and stuff can squeek a little bit on rough roads, wonder if a STB in front will tighten the car up and eliminate or at least reduce this?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by jeffsavage
Is this worth it? It only is 100 bucks and looks nice. Will it help out on this car? Steeda does offer SVTOA members 10% off as well, correct? I noticed that the dash and stuff can squeek a little bit on rough roads, wonder if a STB in front will tighten the car up and eliminate or at least reduce this?

No. IMO it is crap and should be avoided as it will provide minimum if any structure reinforcement. Currently IMO there is no feasible strut tower brace for the 03 Cobra on the market at least from what I have seen. In order to tighten up your chassis and stop squeaks you need to get a subframe connector of which I recommend the MM full-length. Second would be a strong k-member brace which I would recommend the MM 4-point model.

Bingo13

Established Member
The Steeda brace is a very good bling bling item. It will not help your car in the way a traditional three point strut brace will. Kenny Brown makes one for our car. I have seen it slightly modified to fit the MM cc plates. I still think the MM four point k-member brace provides better support. I would wait for MM or Griggs to release a strut tower brace for our car.

Users who are viewing this thread