Steeda Tri-Ax w/ bushing/bracket/gasket

TheUnionCraig

Iraq Lobster!
Established Member
Hey guys,

A little new in terms of working on vehicles by myself, I always used to help my father growing up but I do not have nearly as much knowledge or experience as everyone else on the site. But, I am learning and have learned a lot.

When I bought my Mustang, the only mods done by the previous owner was a Pypes axleback. I just recently purchased a Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, as well as the accompanying bushing/bracket/gasket.

Here are a couple pics of the shifter and also the OEM shifter:

IMG_0839_zpsb3203bf4.jpg

IMG_0843_zps469ef28c.jpg

Installation was pretty easy, just a little time consuming for myself. I am sure an expert could get this done in an hour or so if they wanted, it took me about 2, give or take about half an hour. There were only a couple challenging parts for me to overcome: I replaced the gasket with a more durable product, it was just annoying to get the gasket to sit on the shifter base while installing the shifter itself on top without the gasket moving. Installing the bracket on the new bushing was annoying but with a little elbow grease I managed to fit it on (note to self, I should have taken some bolts and let the driveshaft come down so I would have more room.) Installing the rubber boot back on was interesting but I managed to fit it back on with very little issue.

The shifter itself is a great product, pretty high quality when compared to the flimsy shifter that the factory sends out. Performance-wise, the shifts are a lot more firm and crisp. I installed the higher durometer bushing, so you get a little bit more NVH but I don't mind. For 300 bucks, I think it's a pretty good first mod. I also ordered a custom shift knob from https://www.speeddawg.com to get rid of the OEM "thumb" shifter.

Pretty happy with this shifter combo!

Users who are viewing this thread