steeda Triax install

03outlaw

Established Member
Good deal

Thats cool, it will serve good for some that have never done it before. Anyway to tell everyone about where they should start with the stops?

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Those directions look very good for the Triax. Do you
have any for CAI or catback systems?

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Originally posted by Redfire2003Cobr
Hmm..you didn't remove the old silicone? Or replace it with some new silicone?

hmm...looks like i didnt take a pic of that part man...i will make sure to add that part on the next edit of my site...

thanks for the heads up dude.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I read something about a plastic piece that had to be transferred from the old shifter to the Tri-Ax. Did you find that necessary?

CuLaTeR

Established Member
When I removed the stock shifter to install the tri-ax, I did not have that plastic peice. The thing that scared me the most was the reverse gear warning on the instructions. Wasn't a problem. The install took me 30 minutes. Huge difference between the stock shifter and the tri-ax.

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
harry,
That plastic piece you reference is a cap that goes on the 'ball' portion on the bottom of the shifter. On some trannies, the plastic button sticks to the shifter, so they have to pry it off and reattach it to the tri-ax. On our transmission, it stays in the tranny when taking the stock shifter off so we don't have to worry about it.
Cheers,
Pete

jshen

Established Member
Warnings

Originally posted by CuLaTeR
When I removed the stock shifter to install the tri-ax, I did not have that plastic peice. The thing that scared me the most was the reverse gear warning on the instructions. Wasn't a problem. The install took me 30 minutes. Huge difference between the stock shifter and the tri-ax.

Did your instructions also include the warning about using Steeda's bolts to mount shifter as they are "longer". I compared the stock vs Steeda and found them the same length.....That bothered me

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by harry gilbert
I read something about a plastic piece that had to be transferred from the old shifter to the Tri-Ax. Did you find that necessary?
If im not mistaken that plastic peice stays in the tranny on the T56, its only the older trannies where its attached to the shifter itself. On the T56 there is some (I assumes)lithium grease in the socket that the shaft pf the shifter fits into. When I did mine a lot of the grease had come out of the socket, so I just collected it on a finger and rubbed it on the triax and put it into place. The hardest part I thought was getting the old shifter off, it was on there pretty good.

CuLaTeR

Established Member
Re: Warnings

Originally posted by jshen
Did your instructions also include the warning about using Steeda's bolts to mount shifter as they are "longer". I compared the stock vs Steeda and found them the same length.....That bothered me

Yes, I compared the 2 bolts as well. Strangly when I was putting the new bolts in, felt to me there was alot of play in the bolts till they were practically fully tightened.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Re: Warnings

Originally posted by jshen

Maybe Ford changed the bolts they used, which matched the length of the Steeda-supplied ones. Knowing how some cars are coming through with all sorts of wierd mix-match parts (antennas, sills, rocker panels, etc.) it's possible.

I'd only be worried if the bolts was too long or too short. Long is easy -- just add washers.

jshen

Established Member
Mounting "base"..

I should have included that the bolts were for the mounting base onto the housing...I felt ...uncomfortable with the bolt size...although I don't think it make a difference.........now...

Users who are viewing this thread