Steeda Triax

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
First mod is completed on my Cobra. The Triax shifter makes a world of a difference in driving the car. Shifts feel more precise and a lot faster.

here is a pic if anyone cares:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I just put mine on friday as well. I didnt use the square rubber insulater or washers on shift handle and I dont notice a lot more tranny noise but the shifts are much tight, no missing 3rd thats for sure. Juts push from 2nd and your in.

mosconiac

Established Member
I just finished my Tri-Ax install too. I probably ended up with the most ridiculous install ever.

I started with the stock Steeda Tri-Ax, tossed the cast aluminum handle in favor of a machined aluminum MGW adjustable, decided I wanted a Hurst classic white knob (which does not come in the standard Ford thread :fm: ), made a custom-milled post with proper threading (16mm/1.5)for the knob, threw it all together and started tweeking the height & angle of the post. Couldn't be happier with the crisp, clean shifting.

Last edited:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
i got that billet shift knob out of a wrecked z06. I think that he bought it from an aftermarket company as well. I love it. Basically it looks like the bullitt shift knob but its got a 6 speed pattern instead of a 5 speed.

BBriBro

Established Member
Thats one of the better fitting plastic trim pieces I have seen, (around the shifter) I fixed mine somewhat when I installed my shifter, but most I have seen have unequal gaps on each side where it meets with the rest of the dash. I guess it's no lexus :)

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by Ghoust
i got that billet shift knob out of a wrecked z06. I think that he bought it from an aftermarket company as well. I love it. Basically it looks like the bullitt shift knob but its got a 6 speed pattern instead of a 5 speed.

I didn't think they used the same thread pitch. ?

Users who are viewing this thread