Steeda tune?

tjcase85

Established Member
Been searching around trying to find info in the steeda tunes, but the only info I found was from years ago. My car is stock now, getting an off road H and intake soon, that's about it. Are they good for daily driven cars?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

spectreman

Established Member
I've told this tale at least 10x online; here I go again.

I went thru 4 reputable, national level tuners and each tune had issues, no matter what they tried to do to correct the issues and mindya, my cars have only had basic bolt-ons. Still, almost always ended up up w/detonation, idle stumbles, stalling, something.

And then I went to Steeda. That tune was p.e.r.f.e.c.t. from the very first time. Never ever had an issue w/it in either car. Steeda creates safe, strong conservative tunes, unlike some of the competition that try to eke out every last 1/4 HP out of the tune. I would buy canned tunes again w/out thinking.

So yeah, Steeda is a-ok in my book.
Lee

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I heard good from Steeda but any reputable tuner will give you a great/safe tune. If there was a tune related issue, they will work with you to get it fixed. Usually a datalog and some tweaks and it's good.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Good deal. Thanks guys. I was going to go AED but I'm not looking for max HP. Just looking for a nice smooth tune.

If you are implying that Shaun tunes aggressive I think you might be misinformed. I think he is known as one of the best tuners on here simply due to the time he puts into his work ensuring everything is perfect. I have never seen a thread where a motor grenaded due to one of his tunes.

With that said there are several popular tuners out there. To name the most popular ones would be Lund Racing, AED, VMP, Palm Beach Dyno, and Steeda tunes are fairly popular as well. Best of luck deciding, I dont think you can go wrong with any of the ones listed above.

I would suggest sending them all emails describing exactly what you want and go from there. Some will take a few hours to respond while some will take days, for me that's a big factor because chances are in the future if im trying to get a hold of you I more than likely need a fast answer. It can be very frustrating when you are have any issues and your tuner is impossible to get in touch with.

StalkerStang

Established Member
Not trying to be a dick, but why get it tuned then or change the parts?

The logic is odd. Seems to me its smarter to get the most possible out of your dollar.... rather than less....

hand-filer

Established Member
Back when my car was NA I had a Steeda tune and loved it. You wont regret it if you go that route.

Evojayfi21

Established Member
Good deal. Thanks guys. I was going to go AED but I'm not looking for max HP. Just looking for a nice smooth tune.

I had Steeda and it was cool when I just had there intake but once I got the boss I started having issues with idling. Took the car to AED last Friday and DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, this thing feels like a brand new car. 200 miles later, not issue and the cars pulls way harder and is overall smoother when just driving around town.

Beavis281

Established Member
I wanted Shawn at AED to tune my car. He specifically told me that he would not remote tune my 03.

Beavis281

Established Member
Something todo with A/F and the car not having a built in monitor (mine has a wideband installed).

He said the only way he would tune my car is if he physically had it at his shop.

I also recall him saying that the only cars he would remote tune is 05 and up? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he mentioned them having a built in monitor?

I was looking for his old email. I can't find it.

Hell, maybe he misunderstood me in the emails and didn't notice mine had a wideband installed.

Makes me want to call again and clarify this again. Cause I really want him to do it.

Shaun@AED

2011+ Fords only via remote.

Aftermarket widebands are not accurate compared to factory or the Lab Grade ECM units we use at the shop, and your aftermarket wideband does not give feedback to the ECU.

2011+ Fords have very accurate wideband feedback that absolutely controls fueling of the engine, and their knock sensors are extremely accurate. This allows *safe* tuning remotely unlike any of the Pre-2011 Ford Vehicles.

I'm a stickler for quality tuning so when it comes to the older cars I will only tune them in person using my precision equipment.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Shaun spent A LOT of time working on my engine. He wanted everything to be perfect, and I know he will again when I make more changes in the future. Between his work and my driving habits I know that nothing is going to break in my engine, and that is a GREAT piece of mind to have. I can email with some simple questions and he gets back to me within hours, the customer service is great I don't know how he does it. You should give him a call OP.

SVTStampede

Established Member
I had an NA Steeda tune. It felt pretty good. Never any real issues. I do recall sometimes have a slight surging at part throttle acceleration when cold.

Mat5.0

Established Member
You can't go wrong with a tune from AED. I installed the CJ manifold on my car and he set me straight. You want to talk about quick response? 95% of the time I got an email within 30 mins to an hour. We worked through a number of small issues my car had and was very professional and easy to deal with. I agree with StalkerStang in saying that it doesn't make much sense to *want* a tune that gives you less HP. AED tunes are extremely safe and any questions you have will be answered with way more detail than you could have asked for, which, as JumpMaster said, is great peace of mind to have

Users who are viewing this thread