steg stg IV and BF 2.93 Upper

Are BAP/pumps and MAFia/bxxxx required for a steg stg IV and BF 2.93?

• Yes - Stock system limits are exceeded, you must upgrade

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Yes - You're within system limits, but don't have any safety margin

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Not required

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

>=|

Established Member
I did a little searching and couldn't get a clear answer as to whether or not a BAP/pumps and MAFia/bxxx were required for a steg stg IV and 2.93 upper on a slightly modded cobra (FIPKII, Bassani cat back, MMFLSF, BF IRS brace).

So, I guess the question is, for those of you saying they are required, is it because you've reached the limits of the stock MAF and fuel pump, and it is a necessity? Or are you suggesting it because you're at the upper limits of the stock system and there is not enough of a safety factor built in to allow for slight environmental changes?

I'll make a poll to make it easy.

prostkr

Established Member
its not yes or no, let your dyno tuner decide.......my car has all the mods listed and could not get away without the supporting fuel/air mods.......but some guys do. ask your tuner, or data log on your own to decide

Fuerza

Established Member
FWIW, I recently bought a new tune from Jon Lund for the modifications in my sig. I bought a new Xcal 2 tuner and a Diablo MAFia. Jon told I wouldn't need a BAP for my application, but I'll end up buying one or doing the GT pumps and FPDM anyway to make way for a Kenne bell later. :-D

Here is another perspective, If you buy a 2.93 now you might as well buy the supporting mods for smaller pulleys/bigger boost. Seriously, why mess around with a 2.93 unless you are going with a lower pulley. If that is the case you'll need the MAFia and BAP anyway. :shrug:

ragu1585

Game Over
Established Member
i have stage 3 port and 2.9 upper with exhaust and cai and i DO NOT have supportin fuel mods. will be doin those here soon when i do the lower and n2o

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I asked basically the same question a month or so ago. From what I gathered you will not get a firm answer either way. My thoughts now are as follows:
- Get a MAFia right away (fairly cheap)
- Dyno the car and see where you end up on the fuel.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
SVTkel said:
I asked basically the same question a month or so ago. From what I gathered you will not get a firm answer either way. My thoughts now are as follows:
- Get a MAFia right away (fairly cheap)
- Dyno the car and see where you end up on the fuel.

Sure you can get a firm answer. And the answer is:
Yes they are needed.

90% of the board will answer that way. but there are a few who run that set-up and do not 'need' them. And they will be the first ones in the thread saying so.... My tuner had a guy theat didn't 'need' them too. Still had fuel at about 490rwhp..... but at the very edge (meaning the car ran out of fuel at about 6,000 rpm).

There is no safety room though. And why would you do that?

>=|

Established Member
Thanks guys. Sounds like the answer is dependant on how much safety margin you'd like to have as well as how the tuner sets up the car.

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
This is my exact combo. While i've had it on the dyno and it is in the limits, it is very close. My car is making 488rwhp. Thats why I don't drive my car hard that often. Let's put it this way. My car was dyno tuned at 1000feet. One day I was at sea level at around 30 degrees F. I could just feel the car running a bit off, so I didn't push it any harder. When I get the funds I will be taking care of this.

Users who are viewing this thread