steggy stage 5s

blacksvt10th

10th anniversary cobra
Established Member
ive havent been keeping up with the 03 terminator mod market for a while. whats the difference in the steggy stage 5s compared to the 4s? Power wise and price wise? i currently have a stage 4 on my car wondering if i should upgrade.

bubbrubb

probably in your best interest to just jump on the twin screw boat if you're willing to drop the coin for a minor increase in performance. I haven't seen enough about them to know yet though.

musclefan21

Established Member
I don't think you should. if you really wanna upgrade your stage 4 then it is time for twinscrew or turbo.

MustangThief

Established Member
I agree. I have a stg 5 and love it, even without a lower, just the stg 5 was a HUGE increase. but never driven in a stg 4 so i can't compare. I'd think you'd pull a little horse and a lot more torque, since the tq plate increased tq gain so much. (i think, don't quote me on that, go to stiegs website)

but anyway, if it was mine, and he came out with a stg 6, if i was going to pull the blower again, the only thing going back on would be a KB.

rexisme

Established Member
^^^ what were your numbers before? because while i would love to have a horsepower increase. I too am on the fence about purchasing a stage 5 and supporting mods. Because basically, for the power level i want to achieve (high 5's) the supporting mods will be the same. Right now though, i am sitting at 452/452 on a fairly conservative street tune. Looking at some peoples numbers of 500/505 (alot seem to be in that range w/out a lower, with lower around 520tq), i am not very impressed w/ the power to money spent ratio. So i dont know if i should go balls deep and get a twin screw or just put the tip in and get the port -or- not even get wet and stay where i am at.

phreakness

Established Member
As I see it and what i've read, if you've got a unported or and old stage 1 port there are bennifits of going to stage 5, if you've already got a stage 3/4 ports the bang for the buck isn't there.

so.

unported / early port going to a stage 5 = a good option to think about.
ported stage 3 /4 = go to a twin screw or the hair dryers.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
^^^ what were your numbers before? because while i would love to have a horsepower increase. I too am on the fence about purchasing a stage 5 and supporting mods. Because basically, for the power level i want to achieve (high 5's) the supporting mods will be the same. Right now though, i am sitting at 452/452 on a fairly conservative street tune. Looking at some peoples numbers of 500/505 (alot seem to be in that range w/out a lower, with lower around 520tq), i am not very impressed w/ the power to money spent ratio. So i dont know if i should go balls deep and get a twin screw or just put the tip in and get the port -or- not even get wet and stay where i am at.

My old numbers from what point? :D When I was basically at the same mods (2.90 pulley/intake/exhaust) you are I made 440rwhp/440rwtq with a very mild email tune at 11.1 AFR and 18* timing. Then I added the ported blower/tb/plenum and new tune, the car made 507/472 with the 2.90 still. Then I threw on a 2.75 and picked up a pound of boost, power jumped to 520/497. Then I added the 4lb lower and once again jumped to 550/538. Honestly there's only a handfull of guys I can think of that have made over 540rwhp on a ported eaton car. If you really want high 500's then the eaton probably won't do it. But it picking up another 50-60 rwhp for $500 or so sounds good to you then go for it. FYI I picked up my ported setup for $300 + trade for my stock blower.

As I see it and what i've read, if you've got a unported or and old stage 1 port there are bennifits of going to stage 5, if you've already got a stage 3/4 ports the bang for the buck isn't there.

so.

unported / early port going to a stage 5 = a good option to think about.
ported stage 3 /4 = go to a twin screw or the hair dryers.

Exactly!!

blacksvt10th

10th anniversary cobra
Established Member
Yeah i have a stage 4 with all the supporting mods and it made 540hp/540 torque. I fthe isnt a huge increase power wise and i have to spend close to a thousand dollars, I would rather save two more grand up and whipple it. I think the only thing i woould need for that upgrade would be fuel pumps.

Last edited:

AaronK

Established Member
Yeah i have a stage 4 with all the supporting mods and it made 540hp/540 torque. I fthe isnt a huge increase power wise and i have to spend close to a thousand dollars, I would rather save two more grand up and whipple it. I think the only thing i woould need for that upgrade would be fuel pumps.

540/540! Damn! That's real nice! Yeah I don't think you would gain too much more from a stage 5 but I could be wrong :shrug: Go twin screw!

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
540/540! Damn! That's real nice! Yeah I don't think you would gain too much more from a stage 5 but I could be wrong :shrug: Go twin screw!

+1, nice numbers. I'm in the same situation your in. I'm not taking this blower off again to pay for an updated port and a re-tune to go with it just for 10-15 hp. Next, will be a whipple.

blacksvt10th

10th anniversary cobra
Established Member
yeah i was real happy with my numbers. some of the best ive seen so i was alao a bit hesitant to swap to a stage 5 for that reason too. but yeah 10-15 more horsepower doesnt seem all that worth it for the money it would cost. probably a whipple in my future.
THANKS!

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
My numbers are pretty close to what a STG V been putting down. I'll be upgrading some things like RAI intake and headers pretty soon so i'm expecting as much as a STG V.

AaronK

Established Member
yeah i was real happy with my numbers. some of the best ive seen so i was alao a bit hesitant to swap to a stage 5 for that reason too. but yeah 10-15 more horsepower doesnt seem all that worth it for the money it would cost. probably a whipple in my future.
THANKS!

How much boost are you at???

RussZTT

Established Member
ive havent been keeping up with the 03 terminator mod market for a while. whats the difference in the steggy stage 5s compared to the 4s? Power wise and price wise? i currently have a stage 4 on my car wondering if i should upgrade.
From what I have been seeing.

Double the money same power.

RussZTT

Established Member
:dw:

xenodragon

Established Member
494/472 with the stage 4 (no t/b port, no lower, no p/l port) and a 2.93 upper. I was pretty please with my numbers on the stage 4

AaronK

Established Member
494/472 with the stage 4 (no t/b port, no lower, no p/l port) and a 2.93 upper. I was pretty please with my numbers on the stage 4

That's really good for the amount of boost you're at! I'm going stage 5+ soon and I can only hope for 550/550 at 16#s of boost... But I'm starting to think that I can save a lot of money going with a stage 4 and I wouldn't be missing out on too much power...

The OP has some killer numbers!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
That's really good for the amount of boost you're at! I'm going stage 5+ soon and I can only hope for 550/550 at 16#s of boost... But I'm starting to think that I can save a lot of money going with a stage 4 and I wouldn't be missing out on too much power...

The OP has some killer numbers!

I'd save the money and look for a used stage 4, you can save a good bit that way. Especially if you sell your stock blower to offset the purchase...

Users who are viewing this thread