Steggy Stg IV - bigger injectors?

TheJeanyus

Established Member
I've heard that I can get the blower ported and will only need a BAP and MafX. Is this true? I'll be using a 2.76" upper and stock lower for now, but I plan on adding a 4 psi lower eventually.

MikeW

Established Member
When you add the 4lb lower add the injectors and a BAP. $400 injectors are chaper than a new shortblock.

snake134

just add a 2# lower and you wont have to worry too much about screwing up your motor......unless you plan on going twin screw someday

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
i'm wondering about this too, because according to steigmeier's forum, you can make 500whp with their ported eaton/TB/plenum, 2.76, plugs, and CAI safely with no fuel mods. but how much can the stock injectors and pumps hold up to?

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
TheJeanyus said:
I've heard that I can get the blower ported and will only need a BAP and MafX. Is this true? I'll be using a 2.76" upper and stock lower for now, but I plan on adding a 4 psi lower eventually.

i needed injectors with this exact set-up. you'll be close. definately get the injectors if you're going to go with a lower

MikeW

Established Member
My FPDC was at 95-96% with a ported blower and a 2.76 upper. I added the BAP and the FPDC went down into the mid 80's. Just log your car after the port to see what your duty cycle is (every car is different)

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
With a ported blower and an upper pulley (2.76 or 2.80), you're going to
need a a BAP and injectors. The MAF will peg as well right around 500rwhp.

MikeW

Established Member
unit213 said:

Very true...I needed to add the maf-x before I even ported the blower and with the 2.76 only.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
My maf is very close to pegging and am out of injector at 495/469. BAP set at 50% (maxed)
Cant wait to acquire some 60# injectors and SCT big ass 2400.

TheJeanyus

Established Member
unit213 said:
I already have a MafX because it was pegging in cold weather (around 20 degrees or so - 16 psi due to the dense air).

I think I'm going to give it a shot with just a BAP, then if I need injectors I'll get a set. Thanks for the help, guys. :thumbsup:

BackInBlack

Established Member
If you can afford the injectors I would recommend getting them now. You'll be pushing your fuel system to the brink and with the bigger injectors your fuel system will have less "stress".

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
so to run 500whp safely, will the sct2400 and 60# injectors be enough for the time being? plan to run stg IV/TB/plenum with a 2.76 and not gonna do lower til later

Last edited:

04 TR-ME-NA-TOR

Established Member
This is very confusing???????????:shrug: I am putting a stage iv,Accufab TB/plennum,sct 2400 maf, heat xchanger,num.2 lower(already have 2.8 upper) and was told that with what i have i dont need really need a boost a pump (i am planning to put the bap even tough) and the injection was never mention??

MikeW

Established Member
04 TR-ME-NA-TOR said:
This is very confusing???????????:shrug: I am putting a stage iv,Accufab TB/plennum,sct 2400 maf, heat xchanger,num.2 lower(already have 2.8 upper) and was told that with what i have i dont need really need a boost a pump (i am planning to put the bap even tough) and the injection was never mention??

I would think that you would need a BAP. You will need to Log FPDC to see what your duty cycle is. If it is above 97% you may want to consider a BAP.

04 TR-ME-NA-TOR

Established Member
97topless snake said:
I would think that you would need a BAP. You will need to Log FPDC to see what your duty cycle is. If it is above 97% you may want to consider a BAP.
so if i put for sur a BAP no need for injectors??
Thanks

MikeW

Established Member
I didnt have injectors when I was runnig a ported Eaton with a 2.76 only. Now if I had added a lower i would have added injectors at that point.

Each car is different so there is not "for sure". It is best to log informaiton to see how your car takes the mods.

04 TR-ME-NA-TOR

Established Member
97topless snake said:
I didnt have injectors when I was runnig a ported Eaton with a 2.76 only. Now if I had added a lower i would have added injectors at that point.

Each car is different so there is not "for sure". It is best to log informaiton to see how your car takes the mods.
Will do Thanks

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Very few ported Eaton setups require the addition of 60 lb injectors to maximize performance and insure safety. The OEM 39 lb injectors traditionally will support up to 535+ RWHP SAE. And very few ported Eaton setups achieve these power levels.

The original poster indicated up front that he needed a BAP and MAF upgrade. Have seen very few 500+ Terminators that didn't need increased fuel supply TO the injectors......

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
04 TR-ME-NA-TOR said:
so if i put for sur a BAP no need for injectors??
Thanks

every car is different when it comes to how much power the fuel system can support. i'd be very prepared to do the injectors, and you WILL need to do the BAP. some people will claim that they make over 500rwhp with no fuel mods, but i'd have to see it to believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread