Steigemeier Guys, post your numbers in here please!

87FOXGT

Established Member
Just wondering how much everyone is putting down. Can you guys please post your mod list and dyno numbers. Maybe track times if ya got em. I am really starting to think that a 700 dollar blower port and a NOS kit is a way better and cheaper option then the KB/Whipple route :shrug:

Anyways please post up guys, i want to see some #s :D

Juiced-03

Established Member
No dyno numbers yet, but let me tell you, it made a HUGE difference in the way the car pulls. It just screams through the gears now. I was on the fence about the twin screw option like you, but I figured if I invested in the port work and I didn't like it, I would surely get my money back by selling it to someone on here. They definitely hold their value on the forums. Plus I got a killer deal for the $395 port job from Stiegemeier on the group purchase!

87FOXGT

Established Member
Cool thanks for the reply Juiced! If you get some numbers make sure to post them up! I really am up in the air now about KB vs steigemeier. Before i thought it was a no brainer to go KB, buti am just really impressed with how much you get for so little with the port. And then add on a shot of NOS, and BAM your tq numbers go through the roof!

Oh one question for you steig guys, for those running a 2.8 with a 4 lb lower, how much boost does that equate to? cause i already have a 2.8, i think if i did this i would just go ahead and add teh 4 lb'er. Thanks!!!

Juiced-03

Established Member
I think it all really depends on how much power you really want in the long run. Being realistic, we won't get more than 500-520rwhp max with a ported Eaton (stock internals). If you can deal with filling bottles and you need more power, then nitrous is always an option with that. With a 100 shot on top of that, I think a KB/Whipple will have a hard time beating that unless it is running BIG boost/ nitrous.

And if you think 500rwhp is just not enough, and 600-700 is your goal without nitrous, then of course the KB 2.4 would be the logical choice IMO. You can't go wrong with the Whipple or KB 2.2 either. If I ever got one, I would get the 2.4 though. When I put on my ported blower, I originally had a 2.80 with a Predator tune which felt very strong. After I installed the blower, I put the stock pulley back on. We all know how gutless a stock pullied Cobra feels when you go from a 2.80! Well the stock pullied and ported Eaton feels just like my 2.80 non ported Eaton felt!! It is so smooth too. The ported TB/Plenum provides crisp throttle response. I have been VERY happy with my Stiege Eaton. I am about ready to hop on the KB bandwagon though as I really desire more power and I don't want to waste my time with nitrous. I want the power there all the time. I plan on running 15-17psi daily then run 20+ on race nights. I will also be running the Snow Performance water injection kit for added safety.

What are your ultimate HP goals?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'm right on the edge of making the same decision. My car runs so damn strong right now. I love the torque!!! NOS Is on my list as well. I have a feeling that after the 1st time I spray I'll be happy with my setup and bypass the Whipple/KB.
No numbers yet except I've made a few 600cc bikes cry! :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

87FOXGT

Established Member
You bring up some great points Juiced. See, originally my logic was ok i just want a 600 rwhp vert. I would be very happy with that and no matter what it ran it would be tough to beat on the street from a roll. However, lately with all these great numbers coming out from ported blower combo, its really making me take a long hard look at what i want to do. I mean i think i really am getting spoiled. I have 460/460 to the wheels right now and still i want more. I never was really big on NOS, but when i see how much TQ people are gaining jut from a 60 or 75 shot, it really makes me wonder if spending the big bucks for a KB would be worth it, when even though the HP numbers are nice, the TQ numbers arent even close to that of ported blower + NOS. (atleast from what ive seen on here)

Another thing is reliability. This is mainly a street car, and i guess i feel more comfortable having about 500-520 rwhp all the time, and then to give it that 75 shot kick at the track or for the real quick cars on the street. I cant help but wonder how a 600 rwhp KB car will hold up in the long run on the street, realistically speaking i would like to get atleast 50k miles out of the factory motor.

But i guess my end goal is 600 rwhp. So my choice is ....

A) KB @ 17 lbs with all the bolt ons. - good because like you said the power is always there

or

B) Steige with 75 shot. - good because of a way fatter TQ curve on teh juice, still great performance on just blower.

I really am jumping back and forth and i cant make up my mind. Of course theres always the KB + NOS option but i think thats going too far for what i really want.

This i my street car, my 87 fox bod will be the car that will ultimately be the "fast" one. But while i start working on that, i want to have a street car that will be capable of running with the big dawgs back home.

SO to sum it up, i would like to see a 10 sec slip, 130 trap out of my vert. I think i could do it either way but im having a HELL of a time deciding.

Also i cant help but wonder how safe is it really to spray on an already boosted car, even with all the forged internals n crap.

Blah decisions, decisions, atleast this is one i will be happy to make if i ever make up my damn mind.

Thanks again for the responses guys, i dont get on too often and when i do its soo slooow over here from iraq, but its worth it when you get some good advice from knowledgable people on this site :)

Juiced-03

Established Member
I have seen some local guys trap 131-133 with a ported blower and nitrous. And it isn't a huge shot either (around 50-75). Spraying on our cars is not much of problem if you have the supporting mods (ie, fuel system, MAF, etc) and don't get too crazy with the shot size. If you are like some of my friends who spray to the grocery store, then you might have a problem lol. But if you just have it on reserve for the track and street days, I truly believe you will be fine. Just read up all you can about it on the forums and educate yourself. MANY guys on here have been spraying for a long time and I have only seen a couple of cases where nitrous caused any severe damage. I think the problem for them was melted spark plugs, so just keep on eye on the condition of the plugs after you spray.

You seem to be much more interested in the torque, which is what wins street races from a roll! I see videos of guys in my area who didn't exactly have more power than another guy, but had way more torque and won the race. Here in Northern California roll racing is all anybody does. I enjoy it myself because you never know what will pull along side you on the freeway! You also have the vert so you will want the extra torque to push that heavy pig. Even if you decide to use nitrous, you will still need some fuel and MAF mods (injectors, BAP/pumps, larger MAF or MAFia). And lets just say later on you decide that spraying on top of the ported Eaton just isn't fun anymore and you want to run high boost level, you could probably sell your Eaton for around a grand and you will already have your supporting mods on the car for the KB. So you have a few things to consider, and honestly you can't go wrong with whatever you choose. I chose to go the cheaper route for now until I could save my pennies for the KB. I love this car to death and tell myself there is no hurry to make any changes right away. I plan on keeping this car for a long while!

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
504rwhp 487rwtq on a Mustang Dyno

Stieg ported blower, stock TB/Plenum, 2.76 upper only, 100mm aux idler, MRT O/R H, magnaflow catback, Steeda CAI, Focus Pumps, 60# injectors, SCT tune, solid axle

BoneCrusher

Established Member
See sig for numbers on a dyno jet.

Mod list:
Stieg ported Eaton, TB, plenum
BF 2.76 upper/4 idlers
BAP
SCT BA 2400 MAF
FIPK
2.5" Magnapack Catback and Prochamber
SCT tune by MD

Sickness23

Jaegermeister Racing
Established Member
buddies 04 w/ upr cold air, 2.80" and stock lower, bassani off-x, mac 3" catback, maf.i.a.,accufab port matched, and predator tune w/ stieg made 495rwhp 467, 91 octane.......

went from 437 450 before the port!! definitely worth it if you ask me! fast as hell now! and hes thinkin about a 4lb lower!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Friends car: Steig port, K&N FIPK, bassani catted X and catback, SCT mail order tune from Rick = 498 rwhp

My car: Steig port, FIPK, bassani X, stinger catback, stock tune stock pulley = 444 rwhp.

SVT04

Established Member
So based on all this ,what do you think is the safest way to get power? I have heard that the KB and Whipple are cooler running and put cooler boost into the engine....knowing that heat will literally destroy our engines kind of scares me.... I want more power but I want my car to live too...
Here's what I have in mind....A Steig stage III porting job including TB and plenum....a 2.80 pulley and some Billetflow idlers(4pc). I am looking for a maximum of about 14-15 PSI ...not sure whether I would need a lower pulley.
After that a high flow Evans water pump,a Fluidyne radiator and heat exchanger as well as a P-Fab reservoir tank. That should take care of cooling...when I need a clutch ,I will do the LDC cooling mod as well.....
What do you think ??

drkchk03svt

Established Member
SVT04 said:
So based on all this ,what do you think is the safest way to get power? I have heard that the KB and Whipple are cooler running and put cooler boost into the engine....knowing that heat will literally destroy our engines kind of scares me.... I want more power but I want my car to live too...
Here's what I have in mind....A Steig stage III porting job including TB and plenum....a 2.80 pulley and some Billetflow idlers(4pc). I am looking for a maximum of about 14-15 PSI ...not sure whether I would need a lower pulley.
After that a high flow Evans water pump,a Fluidyne radiator and heat exchanger as well as a P-Fab reservoir tank. That should take care of cooling...when I need a clutch ,I will do the LDC cooling mod as well.....
What do you think ??

Get the KB or Whipple now. Trust me, you will get the port and that will not be enough and you will want more. If you are not a HP and fast car junkie then get the port job. If you can be happy with only 500rwhp then get the port job. Dont get me wrong. The steig port is the best mod for the money. But nothing compares to the eficiency and hp that comes with a whipple or kb.

IMO

Will

bunk22

Established Member
With a 2.93 pulley and minus the Pfab reservoir in my sig, my prior numbers were 442/455 vs 480/440 after the port job. With the 2.8 pulley, peak hp was the same with almost 460rwtq SAE. All on a dynojet.

torchred03

Established Member
I can let you know tomorrow. Just got all my parts and installing and tuning. Will post up the #'s as soon as I can.

Current mods and #'s are in the sig. Parts going on a steig ported blower, all four billet flow idlers, a 2.93 pulley ( yes I know I will probably want more, but the 2.93 will do for now), NGK TR6 plugs and a JLT RAI that I've had for way too long.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Numbers in sig. Just get the ported blower. Unless you plan on pushing a KB or Whipple at 19 lbs or above, you just wont see the benefits of the better blowers. I promise you if you line up you 510-520 hp Stieg ported blower car with a 560-580 hp KB/Whipple car, you'll be surprised at the outcome, they wont be able to pull on you. If you want 600+ hp, either spray your Eaton or go another route!

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Unfortunately, haven't run with the new combo yet. Hopefully have some updated times in a couple weeks. Going for 10s here at altitude.....

Users who are viewing this thread