Stepson Barely Slides in Air Force With Tattoo

tankerman1981

Established Member
well glad that i am in the army cause well i basically have two full sleeves and no ever says anythign to me except "hey let me see that...thats good work" ha ha ha.. of course thats just the way it is

polock4life

Established Member
didn't read other responses... but that's the AF for you. They worry about anti-Semitic tattoo's more than anything, and often religious based will fall into this.

your stepson's recruiter should have told him not to get ANY ink while in DEP... it's better to be safe than sorry. In fact they should be told not to get any, just to avoid any mistakes/problems... it's a small sacrifice to make while your waiting to enlist.

I'm in the air force and surrounded by a bunch of wimps... we care more about PT policies, going to school, being a complete airman than we do about teaching our new 3 levels their ****ing jobs...Learn your ****ing job and get competent before doing this BS

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
when I was recruiting for the Navy, it was the policy of my zone (and district) that NO tattoos after you DEP in.. if you did, we'll you were disobeying an order, and the CO would kick you out.. made it easy on everyone.. after you were done with boot camp, go get all the tattoos you want..

FEARED

Established Member
Its all about representation, and idealistics. I have full sleeves, but im in the NAVY. (got them after joining, and was grandfathered into the new tattoo clause.)

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
That is such a stupid policy. When I was in the Navy, they didn't care, so long as your uniform completely covered them. I had about 40 hours worth of ink on me, but you never would've known it in uniform.

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
well glad the public sees some of the BS we have to deal with on a DAILY basis. Usually some higher ups as in Generals or people who don't work for living get bored and make changes. here is another fabalous result. Luckily this tatto policy has been reversed, maybe someone with common sense said something.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Damn, USAF really starting to get ****ing beyond retarded. :dw:. And they wander why they cant keep people :shrug:

Cant keep people? What are you talking about? Remember the time like a year ago when we were going though a RIF? O yeah and remember the time we are downsizing again this year?:shrug: Not sure where you got that gem of information from.

FEARED

Established Member
Isnt the AF downsizing at this time? I know the NAVY is, this is why there are new policys that make it easier for one to either get out, or be forced out. Example:: Perform to Serve; a program that makes service members show they are worthy of staying in their current rating, and not being forced out of their rating into a undermanned rating. If they choose not to transfer to the new rating, and can not stay in their current, they will be forced to get out of the NAVY at the end of their contract.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
yeah thats for sure. The latest i heard from afpc is that they expect the reduction to mainly come from voluntary seperations and there will be no need for a RIF board again.

Users who are viewing this thread