Stereo Guru's ?

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Well I had a draw on my battery I finally chased it down to the passenger side rear amp. My system is 100% stock. The right amp was drawing .18 miliamps and was killing the battery. So I unhooked the amp and the draw is gone. So here is my ? When I disconnected the right amp there was no change in sound I still have bass. When I disconnect the left amp I lose all base. I am not sure how this system is connected but am I only driving the rear speakers and sub with one amp. I was also told that it may have not been the amp it may have been the speaker. I was told that if the speaker blows it can cause the amp to go bad. How can I test if it is the Speaker or just the amp? Thanks for the help.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
how do I do that I have a volt meter I believe it reads ohm as well but I have no idea how to do it.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
If you have access to the leads going to the speaker from the amp, disconnect the wires and place your Ohm meteer on the cables. I'm not sure what it shoudl measure, I assume 8 or 4 ohms. Bottom line though - if it measures 0 you have a short and the speaker would need to either be disonnected or replaced.

I'm not sure how you would measure the amp though.

Users who are viewing this thread