Stereo install help needed....!!!

Grombil.com

Established Member
Ok... Im about to get on with the making of the bass box behind the seats. I will make this in fiberglass. Only the lowest backwall will be mdf...

But how shuld i start? My idea is to make the MDF plate and then put some plastic on the wall for the fiberglass to be hung at... Then i put resin on the fiberglass and place the MDF plate in place... Then more layers of fiberglass... But how shuld i make the front? It shuld look good to... Im thinking of making a "shell" in some cheap material and then put fabric over and resin on that... And then fiberglass...

Dont know if you understand shit of this but if anyone knows how to do this pleace let me know... I can make a drawing of how i want it to look and then maby its easyer to tell me how to go about this...:shrug:

Grombil.com

Established Member
Thanks for all the input guys :bs: ;-)

Now its not an issu any more... The Amp is to big to be installed behind the seats anyway... So now im back on the idea on installing it all on the bed and make a 12" port into the cab...

Im a bit worryed to do this... But in the other hand my car wount be stock again (Original again) because of the doors and so on.... So maby it dosent mean anything at all?

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
I did the back of mine in fiber glass... Let me find some pics.

My best advice would be take you time and do multiple thin layers. The box you will be making is big and will warp if you do thick layers... also, get the thinnest (cheap quality) fleece you can find. The thick stuff eats up resin and take forever to dry.

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
This is all I could find at the moment. By glassing the back wall, I was able to fit a 12" kicker and the amps into this box.

ekz1zs8xc7.jpg

fo89yt7tpq.jpg

6t2rb78f8h.jpg

lightningonbags

Established Member
Then i put resin on the fiberglass and place the MDF plate in place... Then more layers of fiberglass... But how shuld i make the front? It shuld look good to... Im thinking of making a "shell" in some cheap material and then put fabric over and resin on that... And then fiberglass...

Im was working on one for my truck when it went in for more work. Sorry but I dont have any pics.

Last edited:

Grombil.com

Established Member

My problem is that the amp is to big to be behind the seats... The middle seat\handrest wount be able to go up and down.... So shuld i swap the cool Tarantula amp in a smaller sized amp ore do the back wall port and put the shit in the back of the bed?

Anyone done the hole in the bed wall and put their stereo in the back? :shrug:

Thunderbox? Like the one MTX have for the L? Still have å problem placing the amp...

Grombil.com

Established Member
Scotts Elle said:
This is all I could find at the moment. By glassing the back wall, I was able to fit a 12" kicker and the amps into this box.

ekz1zs8xc7.jpg

fo89yt7tpq.jpg

6t2rb78f8h.jpg

I like the way you have done this... Looks great. Do you have any finished pics?

If im going this way ill make the box go all the way up to the window. Then i get more space for the sub (Shuld be 30 liter) and more space to put the condensator and voltmeter from Soundstream... But i still have a amp problem...

Do you use the speakers in the back? How motch volum did you get for eatch woffer in this box?

Users who are viewing this thread