stereo question

zeeman800

Established Member
I'm installing a sub and amp but im using the stock radio...anyone know what colour wire the remote wire hooks up to? I thought it was the blue with the white stripe but no luck yet.

Bowhuntr11

I am a semi-n00b now..
Established Member
No idea, but I thought I would throw in my despair right now...

I drove around today trying to find someone who could make me a enclosure and the lowest quote I got was $200... Which costs more then half of what my whole audio system has cost lol...

So where did you get your enclosure? I am looking for ideas right now.

P.S. I am mechanically challenged and would make the worst sub enclosure in the world. :rockon:

zeeman800

Established Member
i got mine at a local shop...just a small box that would fit behind the seat. I'm only putting in one 10" kicker.

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
I put in a sub made by concept one. It is a 8" with a built in 100 watt amp. I listen to rock and metal. I was worried that it would be too small, but in that cab it sounds awesome. Tool and Sevendust sound unreal. The best part is, its in a grey plastic enclosure that matches the light grey in the interior perfectly.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I got my amp. just sitting under the Pass. side seat since I have no room with my box behind the seats.

Bowhuntr11 go and talk with a guy named Eric at Auto Sounds in Bedford. Tell him Tyson sent you up there and he will take care of you.

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
Our factory radio's do not have a 12volt output for an amp. You have to use a switched ignition source. Look at Audio Controls LC6i. I put one in my L. It will take speaker level in and convert to RCA out, control a sub with a separate volume control. It has a 12volt output for amps.

zeeman800

Established Member
Well i ran the remote wire off the black/pink wire and i ran speaker wire from the green/orange wire and blue/white wire which are the 2 front speakers and it worked out good, no problems yet.

LILJohnSVT

Established Member
The price they charge for a box is way overpriced. Thats why i do my own, it may not look professional but for what i paid it works just fine for me. As for the remote wire, find you a fuse thats hot when your key is on, tap into it and put an inline fuse on the wire.
100_1008.jpg

100_1007.jpg

100_1006-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread