Sterling Grey w/Blue (Sonic) Stripes

Speed_Addict

Established Member
Anyone have any pics of a Sterling Gray with Blue Accents. As stated, the Ford site does not show the correct depiction of the blue stripes. I have to make a final color choice soon or there's no turning back. The SG w/Black looks pretty wicked and I had a Sallen similar to that. I currently have DIG/Black on order but am coming off a couple of blue cars. One dark and one light.

HELP! :whine:

dmaxwellh

Established Member
Anyone have any pics of a Sterling Gray with Blue Accents. As stated, the Ford site does not show the correct depiction of the blue stripes. I have to make a final color choice soon or there's no turning back. The SG w/Black looks pretty wicked and I had a Sallen similar to that. I currently have DIG/Black on order but am coming off a couple of blue cars. One dark and one light.

HELP! :whine:

I have this color combo on order with an ETA of June 6th. As soon as it arrives, I will post some pictures. I have yet to see this combination in a photo either!

peteypab2133

Established Member
I am thinking about doing this as well, but I planned on getting black stripes so the seats look normal if I plan to do blue white or red stripes.

Wouldnt want to get it and not like it, or want red stripes and have to deal with seats with blue on them lol photoshop might work?

peteypab2133

Established Member
yellow seems kinda crazy... maybe a little too wild.

IMG_0130.jpg

Speed_Addict

Established Member
Man if you can post any other pics that would be great. That looks sick and I'm seriously thinking I might change my order tomorrow but would like to see a couple of other angles. THANKS YOU TONS! I've been killing myself on the color thing. If they had grabber/red I'd do that for sure....but they don't. I think this is the best combo for my taste..... More pics PLEASE!!!

BigDan

Established Member
Go for it guys!

I am thinking about doing this as well, but I planned on getting black stripes so the seats look normal if I plan to do blue white or red stripes.

Wouldnt want to get it and not like it, or want red stripes and have to deal with seats with blue on them lol photoshop might work?

Here are the dark blue seat stripes.....pretty normal if you ask me.

2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-interior.jpg

2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-cobra-detail.jpg

Last edited:

AnthonyBourdain

Chef-at-large
Established Member
petey....based on your pics, this might be the best combo I've seen! Really sets the stock wheels off, as a bonus. Would you say the the paint looks lighter/darker in person....or about the same (being in the sun)?

Last edited:

Jryan3

Established Member
Damn! I thought I was dead set on black/black.. That picture of the Lund car in sterling/black has me second-guessing my choice. :shrug:

peteypab2133

Established Member
I created monsters!!! I actually wanted an unpopular color. Go back to black and whites and reds!!! LoL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BigDan

Established Member
Damn! I thought I was dead set on black/black.. That picture of the Lund car in sterling/black has me second-guessing my choice. :shrug:

Have you previously owned and looked after a black car?

Its the biggest PITA color to keep looking nice on the planet. The only time it looks good is on the show room floor and parked in your driveway right after spending hours detailing it. Even after 5 minutes of driving it can look trashed as all the water that was in the crevices has now splattered all over your new finish, then there's swirl marks....

I ordered silver because I just wanted to hop in the car and drive it instead of being married to paint finish. These cars get so dirty so freaking quick its ridiculous. These brembo brakes will create a ton of brake dust and will coat your rims in the matter of minutes in spirited driving.

So if you're the sort of guy that just wants to hop in and drive his nice shiny car and wash it once a week then dont get black. If you really enjoy washing your car every 50 miles and waxing it every other fill up then go for it and get a sexy black GT500. I'd hate the owner of a black GT500 who had major OCD issues.....it must consume there whole life.

Last edited:

Jryan3

Established Member
Have you previously owned and looked after a black car?

Its the biggest PITA color to keep looking nice on the planet. The only time it looks good is on the show room floor and parked in your driveway right after spending hours detailing it. Even after 5 minutes of driving it can look trashed as all the water that was in the crevices has now splattered all over your new finish, then there's swirl marks....

I ordered silver because I just wanted to hop in the car and drive it instead of being married to paint finish. These cars get so dirty so freaking quick its ridiculous. These brembo brakes will create a ton of brake dust and will coat your rims in the matter of minutes in spirited driving.

Yea, I owned a black 2003 Harley F150 and an 05 c230.. They most definitely are a PITA to keep up, but they look SO good when they are clean. I am super meticulous with my vehicles and it's not gonna be a dd, so I am not too worried about the upkeep. I just REALLY like how that sterling with black stripes looks. Silver looks great too, I just prefer the base wheels with darker colors.

Users who are viewing this thread