Stiegemeir Stage 5 port questions and info?

mcafferty

Established Member
This is what i have.
2001 Lightning with 77K miles.
Bassini Cat back
K&N Intake
C&L upper plenum
6# lower
BBK Throttle body
Lakewood Traction bars
Driveshaft loop
Upper Auxilary Idler Pulley Kit
FTVB with 4x4 pan
JLP Intercooler Reservoir
Dyno tune
rims and slicks
IC pump bypass switch
mafia not installed but have one

I am running a 12.9 at 105mph
392hp/505tq

Any help would be great.
gains and benefits?
do i need fuel upgrades, pumps, 60# injectors?

Thanks for the help...
how would the TQ and Hp change with a Stage 5? Are the gains only at the top end and not throughout the RPM range. Do you lose mid range hp and tq? Dont you want it to increase power at all RPM rangers? Any help or info would be great. Thanks...Mac

ducman996

Established Member
From my experience, I added a PB, ported upper plenum and ported stock TB when I had a 4# lower and I gained around 1.5#'s of boost at redline. It also leaned out my tune from around 11.7 to 12.0. Then I added a 6# lower and it leaned out my A/F a bunch, I had to add around 10% fuel to get it back down to 11.7. My MAFv also went up considerably at redline to where I could pegg the MAFv in below 50* air temp where before it wouldn't. This was all on a PSP dyno tune for a 4# lower. Then I got a new Amazon dyno tune and gained quite a bit of HP/TQ down low and under the curve. It's not a direct comparison, but if you have a proper dyno tune, I don't think you will loose any HP and TQ on the bottom end but you will gain a lot of mid and top end. Supposedly the stage5 port is an attempt to address the bottom end TQ loss that many complained about with the StageIV. Some say they lost bottom end TQ and some say they maintained the same TQ but I think most gain HP and TQ under the curve so there is more overall power being made and better track times.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
I just recently had the Stage V port done to my s/c.

However, it may be another month or so before I get to a dyno. In the meantime, I will be upgrading the fuel system components for safe measure.

But, judging by my butt dyno, the truck seems to have gained some torque down low compared to how she ran prior to the Stage V.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I contemplating on having my Stock Eaton Ported to a stage 5. Right now I have a stage 3 ported Eaton on the truck. It makes 437/500 with a 6# lower on it. These numbers are from a Mustang Dyno . It was Dyno tuned by Rick @ Amazon. The timing was @ 16* for a street tune. My Nitrous tune is set at 13* for a 75 shot. But I tend to run a 50 shot just to be safe. I have run a 75 shot with this setup last year. But do to having a failing IC pump problem I was running slower than expected.

So this spring I just might send my non-ported Eaton off and have it stage 5 ported. I might just have to see what it will do with a 4# lower on it. Rather a 6# lower.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I don't suggest that with a ported blower. They need to be spun to see the benefit. Stay with the 6lb lower.

The reason for the change is to run a bigger shot of Nitrous. I use to run a 125 shot with a non-ported blower and a 4# lower. It was making 507/718 at the tires on a Dynojet with a old JDM tune. But now I have changed things around.
I am tempted to have my old one ported and go from there. Or :idea: I could just wait and build the motor and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread