Stiegmeier Question

boca ron

Banned
On a built motor I installed a ported eaton.I recently changed to a kb.What I thought was piston slap when cold turned out to be the ported blower.How? The very next time I started the truck the engine makes no noise or hasn't since. The noise sounded like a knock but goes away after warm-up.I was thinking about selling the blower but, I want to make sure if this is common or not. I don't want to sell something that has a problem. Performance wise I cant complain truck ran 11s @ 119 its just the knock when cold, it actually had me thinking I had problems with the s/b. Has anyone else experienced this? If I had to describe the sound Id say either a rod knock or extreme piston slap. This is not a bash stieg thread PLEASE ! clok clok clok clok clok...........

miamijdm

Crazy SVT Racer
Established Member
hmmm. well ron, you can give me the blower and i'll try it on my L. Like that we'll find out if its the blower or not? lol... j/k buddy... good luck with your L

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
:shrug: I've heard them grumble from cavitation and grind from rotor-case contact or bearing clearance issues, but never heard one knock.

The only thing that I could think would cause a knock would be SUPER loose rear bearing clearnances allowing rotor-rotor contact at the rear of the case when coupled with air pulses at low throttle.

Herb

boca ron

Banned
after it warms up its quiet. It only does it at cold start up.But, its def. the source of my noise. ANY reasonable offer will do. I bought it yhru jl 2.5 mts ago prolly has 2000 miles on it I paid 6 and core. they really did a nice job on it rotors stripped etc....... Its currently collecting dust with a ported polished c/l is 5 for both fair ?or too much? but its a knock for sure. Ive built 11 or so L motors and thought just my luck the only one to have piston slap would be mine. I was very happy to find out otherwise.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
I have a Stieg ported Eaton and mine works flawlessly.

When I bolted it on, I noticed it sounded a little different than my original blower, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Mine sounds the same cold as it does hot.

Stewart

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
boca ron said:
after it warms up its quiet. It only does it at cold start up.But, its def. the source of my noise. ANY reasonable offer will do. I bought it yhru jl 2.5 mts ago prolly has 2000 miles on it I paid 6 and core. they really did a nice job on it rotors stripped etc....... Its currently collecting dust with a ported polished c/l is 5 for both fair ?or too much? but its a knock for sure. Ive built 11 or so L motors and thought just my luck the only one to have piston slap would be mine. I was very happy to find out otherwise.

Have Dyno Bob give it a look-see. If it is something easy to fix, you can easily get a good sale on it.

Herb

Users who are viewing this thread