Stifflers FIT system vs. just regular subframe connectors?

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
I'm going to have a set of full-length subframe connectors installed on my '04 Cobra. While shopping, I came across the Stifflers FIT system, which basically adds an outboard jacking rail as well as some webbing that goes between the jacking rail and the FLSFCs. http://buystifflers.com/FITSystem1994-2004Mustang.aspx

I don't really have any complaints about the Cobra's chassis rigidity as-is so normally I'd skip the FIT system and just stick with the FLSFCs, but I like the idea of the outboard jacking rail as the seam along the edge of the body is pretty flimsy and not jack-worthy.

However, we're talking about ~$400 for the FIT system as compared to under $200 for just the FLSFCs. Installation will presumably be about twice as long when adding the FIT system as well. Cost is an object, as I'm budgeting for a supercharger upgrade, so I'm looking for any input from anyone who has used the FIT system and can comment on its justifiablility.

Along the same lines, if I don't go with the FIT system, I am debating between using the Stifflers FLSFCs http://buystifflers.com/stifflerssubframeconnector1979-2004fulllengthpowdercoated.aspx or the Maximum Motorsports ones http://www.maximummotorsports.com/MM-Full-Length-Subframe-Connectors-1979-04-powdercoated-P585.aspx. They both seem comparable as far as I can tell, except that the Stifflers ones have all of the weld points un-powdercoated for ease of installation. Any input there is also appreciated.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I do NOT have the Stiffler's Fit system......YET, BUT I will say this: Stiffler's had an 03/04 Cobra vert at Mustang Week a few years ago with the whole Stiffler's package on it, and I WAS AMAZED! The car was jacked up so that the right rear wheel was WAY off of the ground, and the right front was off of the ground a bit, too. Top was down on the car as well. You could walk up to the car, open the passenger side door just a few inches, and then let it close by itself. There was ZERO misalignment or flex in that unibody!

94slowbra1

Established Member
I run the fit system on my vert and I can tell you that it works. The chassis is very thin on these cars. If you looking at adding power the more you can do the better. Start with the strongest foundation you can

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Do you have a vert? If so it's definitely worth it. I have the Kenny Brown matrix setup - very similar to the FIT, but not quite as nice IMO. Love the jacking rails, I can slide a big floor jack under and lift my car without even looking.

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
My '04 is a coupe. I used to have an '89 GT convertible and it benefited noticeably from FLSFCs (along with a K-member brace and strut tower brace), but my '04 doesn't seem flexy as far as I can tell. Were it a convertible, I'd do the FIT for sure, but since it already seems decently stiff, I'm, not sure I'll feel the benefit.

I was hoping someone could say "I had FLSFCs and then added the FIT system bracing and it A) made a noticeable difference or B) didn't have much effect".

94slowbra1

Established Member
I did have mm full lengths and then added the rest of the FIT system along with the spider brace and k-member brace. And it did make a noticable difference. But again I'm in a vert. I wanted the most chassis stiffening with out a cage

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I have a vert with MM FLSC that I have been running for years. I stumbled across a good deal on a the Stifflers FIT system and I am going to have them put in. One of the big things I loved was how it works with any exsisting FLSC.

I'll post back up my review's once it's done......

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
I found a post by forum member Jibber that indicated that he really liked the Stifflers kit but didn't offer much detail, so I PMed him, asking him to elaborate. He has a coupe, which originally just had FLSFC. He later added the rest of the FIT system and said that it made a noticeable improvement. Here is his reply, which really helped me:

jibber said:
Yes. I stand by that post about it being a top 5 mod on my list.
I originally purchased the car with the 2.3 whipple......it makes 550 hp and 542 tq.....nothing earth shattering.
Problem was that there were no supporting suspension mods done to the car....
I initially just had the MM FLSC's installed. That seemed to help but it always felt squirrely to me when I got on it and headed into some curvey roads. My "seat" test always seemed to fail me....
As I looked into what can be done to fix this, I came across the full tilt boogie racing irs upgrade.
Did that.....seemed to help alot, but still wasn't passing the seat test.
I finally added the FIT system and the car is now perfect for me and my driving habits.
NO body roll in the corners at all ( at least I don't feel any) and the seat test has finally achieved the "grade" I was looking for. The car feels more grounded and secure. My buddies driving behind me say the car looks level every turn I make and never see the car rolling which validates my "seat" test.
IMO you can't go wrong adding this to your car. I'm glad I did.
I'm in NH. If your close, I'd let you drive it to see for yourself.
Call me if you have any other questions.

My FIT system should have arrived today--now just need to get on the shop's schedule to get it installed.

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
I forgot to include that I had the EIBACH Pro kit installed.......In fact that was the first thing I did prior to adding the MM FLSC's.

Im curious to hear about your thoughts on the FIT system once installed.

svtrookie

Established Member
I forgot to include that I had the EIBACH Pro kit installed.......In fact that was the first thing I did prior to adding the MM FLSC's.

Im curious to hear about your thoughts on the FIT system once installed.

Me too! I have the MM FLSCs, but wondering if it's worth adding the FIT System.

JoeCobra

Established Member
I did have mm full lengths and then added the rest of the FIT system along with the spider brace and k-member brace. And it did make a noticable difference. But again I'm in a vert. I wanted the most chassis stiffening with out a cage

I'm curious about the average cost of install. I've got the MM FLSFC's as well but want to finish everything up with the Stifflers products.

Users who are viewing this thread