Still having problems with SES light

gtmustang003

Established Member
I have posted this before a while back and didnt get much of a response, but Ill try it again for good measure. A couple months ago I installed the mac o/r H and I installed the BBK MIL eliminators to shut off the SES light, but it still wont shut off. I've tried everything. I disconected the battery when I installed them I've done it several times since then to see if maybe it would shut off. I've drove it for a while with the light on to see if maybe it would shut off on its own. And I am on my 3rd set if MILS, so that eliminates the option that maybe they were a defect set. Every set doesnt work. After I disconect the battery the light shuts off for a while then it will come back on. And I dont want to buy a flash tuner right now just to shut the o2 sensors off. Does anyone have any ideas why the light keeps coming on or how to fix it?

Last edited:

gtmustang003

Established Member
I've also taken all the 02 sensors out and checked if they were any grease or oil on them and they were fine. I also know all of them are working properly because I had it put on a scanner at the dealership and they are all just reading bad cats(obviously). But they are all reading properly.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Have you pulled the codes to see whats triggering the SES? Maybe its not the mil elims at all. I know I had a front O2 go with just a couple thousand miles on my car.

Users who are viewing this thread