still no luck! cobra cant rev past 4k still!

jorgegt500

Established Member
did compression test 180 psi on all cylinders

it only revs higher if i ease of the gas and press it slithly

iit feels like a freakin rev limiter tried it with clutch pushed in and out and hwile driving does the same my tps is adjusted
i have the sct tuner but theres no option in there to remove a rev limiter any help would be greeat!

98fourvalve

Established Member
did compression test 180 psi on all cylinders

it only revs higher if i ease of the gas and press it slithly

iit feels like a freakin rev limiter tried it with clutch pushed in and out and hwile driving does the same my tps is adjusted
i have the sct tuner but theres no option in there to remove a rev limiter any help would be greeat!

Does the car have a canned SCT handheld tune on it?

jorgegt500

Established Member
p0232 fuel upm secondary circut high ???
p0141 02 heater??
p0161 02 heater agin??? im lost what do those mean i pulled those codes

98fourvalve

Established Member
Honestly I'd return it to stock unless it has a blower or something that specifically needs a tune. That way at least you can rule out tune.

Local GT had a tune and it wouldn't rev for crap. Returned it to stock and was great.

jorgegt500

Established Member
it has a vortech supercharger if i go to stock it turns off . but yea it gots to be the tune i tried just about everything but to retune going cost me 5 bills

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Just in case I want you to check WOT voltage on the TPS and/or do a sweep test to check it for a massive dead spot up top.

Probe the middle wire and key on but engine off go to WOT and see what voltage is.

Then let it go back to idle position and slowly (Very slowly) got to WOT.
Voltage should increase slow but STEADY.
T%hen go back down.
If it jumps or drops off and jumps back up there is a dead spot.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Is it the coils? I know my 01 has COPs, can't remember what the 94-98 cars have. Anyways, my car would hit a brick wall at roughly 5000rpm just like hitting rev limiter. The only way it wouldn't is if I babied the throttle only part way.

bergz22

Established Member
We need to know what the voltage from the tps is at wot. Also I think you had another thread somewhere if you are the same person. There aren't any floormats jammed under the pedal, and the throttle blade does open all the way?

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
thats what my ohm meters says? im going pull the heads and check the valves and timing belt see if jumped a tooth

I wouldn't. You are having some other issue. You already tested compression. Has the car ever run well with the tune you are running? Maybe releasing the ecu? Perhaps something has corrupted the tune? Best bet would be get it to a dyno where they can data log exactly what's going on.

Last edited:

cali5.0Lcobra

Established Member
I had the same problem. It turned out to be my fuel pump was going bad.. Replaced it and fuel pressure reg. and everything worked find.. Check your fuel pressure with the vac. Hose on and off at idle and with you holding the revs ..

Users who are viewing this thread