Stillen Chin Spoiler Installed

PhantomX

Established Member
Well I'd been on the hunt for a good chin spoiler, the Roush piece looked good but I was told it was a nightmare to install, lots of cutting, etc. I love the Laguna Seca spoiler but Ford wants $750 for that (yeah there proud of it) then in another thread someone recommended the Stillen one and for $198 seemed like a pretty good deal. Well it arrived today and since I have no patience it went right on the car.

install was actually a breeze. The tricky part is the double sided tape along the leading edge. That stuff plus adhesive promotor and its a one shot deal to install it. Luckily I got it. Then 4 little screws and all done. I did not have it painted as I plan on having it vinyl wrapped in carbon fiber like the wing and the mirrors. Thats actually easier on the car because it's pretty flexible, on the car it's nice and rigid.

Here's a couple shots:
A69E2A88-B1D6-46F1-B95F-647A2965D966.jpg

3D3F165B-D7CC-48F7-8E79-0BDF6A254DB4.jpg

D487549E-6E2F-44A9-826A-C5DAD6E80D19.jpg

1640EC47-AB44-4140-9A46-83ACA360DBB9.jpg

364A175F-6A85-4038-BAF6-F76281626873.jpg

Still got a few more things to get for the outside. Want to do the Eleanor window scoops and the side scoops. Also gonna order the MGP red caliper covers since the stock brakes look awful, even painted. Then get the chin wrapped and maybe the lower side skirts to continue the black line down the bottom. The rims I'm really taking a shine too with the stripes on them, very unique I may have my paint guy actually paint some sliver stripes on though the tape is nice since it's not permanent I can change it anytime i want. Maybe a nice yellow next :banana:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Looks good, Stillen makes a nice looking splitter. Funny thing, they only make splitters for '13'-14 5.0s and all V6 models not '10-'12 5.0s.

PhantomX

Established Member
Really?? All the pictures I saw online they looked great. Way better than my crappy base calipers. Should do a brake upgrade, which I will but the covers are $200 brakes are $2000. So that's gonna wait a bit.

Rct851

Established Member
Everything looks good but the brake covers are tacky. I have the base brakes and painted them black with the g2 paint. My car is sgm as well and I think it looks great. I would never do stick brakes red or yellow but the black cleans it up nice

bullet3z

Established Member
After all the Rousch stories about them flying off when traveling at higher speeds. How are these at speed? 4 screws and double sided tape does not sound like enough to hold them on.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
My Stillen doesn't look the same... I took out the 9-10 screws holding the air dam and lined up the holes for those, did the 3M tape with adhesion promoter, then reinstalled the screws. Had it to 110 mph and it's still on. Need to get a little faster but so far so good.
IMG_20140427_135308552_zpsmgreebli.jpg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
^^ love that version of the stillen splitter... But youre missing the anchor rods?

'14 Shelby

Established Member
^^ love that version of the stillen splitter... But youre missing the anchor rods?

Correct. In my opinion the rods looked 2nd rate (at best). So Darren (Ultrakla$$ic) recommended 8" Longacre, which would almost mirror the Boss look. I have them just didn't install them

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
agree...

When I buy the splitter, my plan was to just have the included stillen rods powder coated gloss black (my car is black as well).

Impact13

Established Member
Looks good, I have the roush and the car has been to 110 at the track and it's still on tight.

PhantomX

Established Member
It's on pretty solid. It sits on top of the stock chin and has tabs that go into the foe air ducts that are also taped. It wraps around and almost snaps in place. Once wrapped a add a could screws in those top tabs for piece of mind. It's a bit different design instead of a flat piece like a wing is angled up. More like a shovel, it seems the down force is applied against the stock chin which makes sense and gives added support. Time will tell though

Last edited:

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
I would not buy covers, I painted my stock calipers red....it goes great with a black car. I do have brembo calipers sitting in the garage that I plan on putting on the mustang.

I would look into the market section and see if there are good deals on some calipers. The whole reason why I haven't changed them yet is because my pads still have life on them.

PhantomX

Established Member
How is the quality?

Quality is good, it's actually really flexible off the car but on the car it's solid and it's pretty thick, fits perfectly and sort of snaps around into the fender wells then the screws keep it from coming undone. The tape is completely around the top part of the chin in every conceivable spot and the little inlets lie flat in those ducts which adds some stability. Overall I really like it just can't wait to get it wrapped.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread