Stingers are Unbelievable

2004BlackCobra

Established Member
The Stingers finally arrived yesterday and there was no question that after work they were going on. Install was fairly easy. A little struggle with one of the hangers, but nothing a lot of WD-40 could not handle. My recommendation is to use more WD-40 than you think and it will make everything much faster. Probably 90 minutes start to finish.
Now to the important stuff. There is nothing like the first start up of an aftermarket exhaust, no matter which you choose. This was no exception. Idle is no different volume wise, but much deeper. Driving around town is fine and as far as being able to talk, I carried on a conversation without any problem (I am in a coupe so convertible may be different). WOT is absolutely amazing. The car finally sounds like a mean 400 hp car should. The tone is deep throughout the RPM range. The 4" tips look perfect on this car and fill up the cutouts nicely. While driving I couldn't help but smile. If anyone is interested I have a Mach 460 radio for sale, because who needs exhaust and radio ;-).

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
hot wheels you live kinda close to me! my stepdad and i installed the stingers in 45 minutes, i think if we were to do it again it would take 30 or maybe a little less. use wd-40 and rhino ramps are cool. i didn't have rhino ramps at the time so we had to use these jacks, my car wouldn't go on with out scraping so we had to put would on the ramps to get a nice angle.

Hot Wheels

Established Member
Justin, thanks for the input. I am looking to borrow some Rhino ramps from a neighbor if not then I'll pick up a pair tonight. I noticed you have the Steeda CAI. I ordered the same one and should arrive on Monday. Any install tips?

Thanks,
Steve

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
I seriously cant wait until I get an Exhaust for this car. I picked up my car this weekend, and I can tell you that the Exhaust definitely needs to be a little....well ALOT LOUDER :rolling:

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Girth said:
I seriously cant wait until I get an Exhaust for this car. I picked up my car this weekend, and I can tell you that the Exhaust definitely needs to be a little....well ALOT LOUDER :rolling:
Well, you can't go wrong with the Borla Stingers!! I love 'em! I used to be a Flowmaster guy but that's all changed, well unless I ever buy a 5.0L, there is NO SUBSTITUTE for Flowmasters on a 5.0L. Also, congrats on the purchase, you're gonna love it!!

-Mike

bnglcat

Established Member
Mine are on the way...should be here monday-ish. Can't wait to get them on, along with the BF 2.76 + idlers and the amazon CAI. Going to be a great week I think. :D

VNMISS

Established Member
I am so freakin excited! The Borla Stinger's just came in today and are sitting in the living room. I printed out this page since there were great tips on here!

Now I just gotta persuade my bf to install them tonight... I don't know if I can wait until the weekend. ;-)

04torchred

Established Member
Use a small pry bar to help and pull the hangers out of the rubber mounts. It will save your fingers and make it a shit load faster to remove them.

Gotta love the Stinger sound!

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
My favorite tool that I found for the rubber hangers is a ball-joint seperator. It basically looks like a big fork and it pushes on both sides of the rubber. But that's only if you have that kinda crazy tools at your house, I don't even know why I had it!

Last edited:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hot Wheels said:
Justin, thanks for the input. I am looking to borrow some Rhino ramps from a neighbor if not then I'll pick up a pair tonight. I noticed you have the Steeda CAI. I ordered the same one and should arrive on Monday. Any install tips?

Thanks,
Steve
oh hey sorry about to respond so late, well when i bought the car it already had the STEEDA CAI on it =/. i was really looking forward to the install myself and I originally had the K&N FIPK in mind before i bought the car. but i hear steeda is just as good, i think now if i were to get a CAI it would be the 12" JLT. but they're all so close in #'s i'm not worried. sorry i wish i could help, theirs a link somewhere on this board it's on one of my pages at home, the guy summarizes what is needed to do the install. i read it and it seemed really informative, if i find it i'll come back here and post it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread