Stock 01 Bullitt vs. 06 Subi Sti with HKS exh.

jdowd

Insert Comment Here
Established Member
Me and my brother were a little bored last nigt and decided to go out for a little drive on Mchenry. Just a local cruising spot which is now infested by the local Honda clubs on the weekends. Right when i turn onto Mchenry, not five minutes into my drive i get a STI hitting its blow off valve on me. Dont think much of it because it really happens on a regular basis. We get next to each other at a stop light and he proceeds to ask if my vehicle has a 5.0 in it. I told him what it has. Then with a smart ass smirk he then asks if its fast. I tell him that if you knew anything about cars you would know the Mustang GT's in stock form are very slow. Yes i know its a bullitt but still a slow GT at the end of the day. He then asks me if i want to run tonight and i said sure. Would rather lose to something that i know im going to lose to than Win against something that i know im going to Win. He wanted to go from a 20 role which was fine by me. Go to our spot. Have empty roads. We line it up. I honk and off we go. Were even as soon as we hit it. Kinda suprised that im hanging but start to notice that im pulling slightly and have a half a car by the time im at the top of fourth. He shuts down. He pulls up next to me and says nice race. Thats one for you, lets go again. We go again, same results. We pull over and talk for a little. Talk about each others cars, shake hands and go on our ways. All in all is was a good night. Sorry about the long read. Just a little happy about my first kill in the Bullitt. Have a good Sunday.

jdowd

Insert Comment Here
Established Member
scorcher2005 said:
Having an STi im suprised he wanted to go from a roll...anyways, i dont think he knows how to drive it. It should have pulled you by a hair from the roll

Suprised here as well to. He should have but did not pull. The driver might of been a factor as well with many other things. But i guess that racing.

evo connevo

Established Member
Did he have any passengers? Without your 1 you would of had him by 1+cars. It seemed like he was shifting every 2 or 3 seconds right? Wish the gearing were a little longer.

sbx213

Established Member
Nice kill. Care to tell us what you have done? If not then its ok.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
He was showing off his BOV....that tells you just how 'knowledged' he is. THen requesting a roll race....kind of confirms it.

Nice Kill man.........My bro used to visit ceres and Modesto a bit...he is up in STockton...Nice to see another central valleyer here.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
Yeah good kill on the more powerful car!

He was definately nopt the smartest STi owner though. A BOV kills power and screws with the cars ecu pretty bad. And asking for a roll whne he clearly has an advantage from a stop is dumb too. You must have left him muttering to himself about losing to a Mustang, lol. Good job dude!

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
Juice33 said:
He was definately nopt the smartest STi owner though. A BOV kills power and screws with the cars ecu pretty bad.
Kinda curious but how does a BOV do this?

Droptop99

Established Member
only for maf cars it really messes it up. it accounts it for a vacumm leak venting the pressure to the atmosphere. since the air is already metered after the maf. stubbling, can actually cause running rich in some. stalling at a stop. some were a long those lines

jdowd

Insert Comment Here
Established Member
Car is bone stock. Bought the car for 13 even. With a little over 32k miles. Been really happy with the purchase and plan on holding on to it for a while. As far as the race goes. He wanted to go from a 25 role. Wasnt going to argue with him. It suprised me as well. We both had passengers. Both passengers were small guys. Racing on the street is not something i make a habit of, but he challenged me and i simply said ok. This time around it didnt go well for him. My car is by no means fast. Just more fast on the particular night. Thanks for all the replies.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
Kinda curious but how does a BOV do this?

It atmospherically vents air that normally would be recirculated. Unless you're running a bigger turbo BOVs on STi are pointless. Rice if you ask me.

BeattySTi

Import Traitor
Established Member
what the hell was he thinking going from a roll? i had an HKS SSQV but i had my car tuned with it on, it isnt recommended to put one on w/o a tune. its pointless, the main reason ppl do it is just for sound.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
BeattySTi said:
what the hell was he thinking going from a roll? i had an HKS SSQV but i had my car tuned with it on, it isnt recommended to put one on w/o a tune. its pointless, the main reason ppl do it is just for sound.

Yup, if you get a tune done for it you're good but that generally requires a stand alone system. I run a Hydra system that I had to give up my cruise control for but that cars runs like a champ with it otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread