Stock '03 60' time

EvoOwner

Now with even MORE ownage
Established Member
Could you guys post some stock '03 cobra 60' times for me. I'm trying to find the average time a good driver with good tires would run. Thanks.

Control

Established Member
F1s or Radials? F1s I would say 1.9. On Radials I have seen 1.7x to 1.6x with a good driver.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Getting to know the competition, are we? Good deal :) .
I am a horrible driver and the worst stock 60' I have ever managed has been a 2.4 on the Eagle F1s.

EvoOwner

Established Member
Well actually I was wondering about drag radials. Control, you say you've seen 1.6-1.7, that is pretty impressive. Would you say that is an average time with drag radials or something you've seen done a few times.

Also, humor an AWD guy like myself, are drag radials street legal?

Control

Established Member
I believe Evan Smith of MM&FF had a 1.8x 60 ft. on F1's.

Control

Established Member
I would say that is the case with a good driver as you pointed out. Radials are street legal.

Editting. No not an average.

Last edited:

EvoOwner

Established Member
Originally posted by 2F2F
Getting to know the competition, are we? Good deal :) .

haha, yeah I like to know what i'm up against. Also I'm a guy that likes to stick to the facts and that means getting information from more places than just magazines. :)

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
My car is not STOCK, but I can turn 1.7's all day on Drag Radials, Yes they are street legal.

EvoOwner

Established Member
Originally posted by Robertson Racin
My car is not STOCK, but I can turn 1.7's all day on Drag Radials, Yes they are street legal.

Are you a vendor? if so your car must be far from stock. :D
I'm actually mostly curious about stock '03's. It sounds like most people agree 1.9's are average for a good driver with F1's. So would it be fair to say that 1.8's would be average for the same good driver with dr's?

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
I have seen some 1.9's on F-1's with 32psi, and I don't consider myself to be a very good driver.
how the hell are you running 32psi on an 03 cobra:uh oh:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Evowner - your correct about the F1's, but I think people are averaging 1.6 - 1.7's with DR's.

wjfawb0

Established Member
My first day of drag racing in my life, I managed a 2.0 60' on my Cobra with stock tires at 32psi.

-Jason

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
My best 60' on F1's with a completely stock suspension was a 1.85. My normal 60' is 2.0x. I made a pass right after a big tire car that laid down tons of nice rubber on the line for me when I cut the 1.85 60'.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
I've cut 1.9 with the F1's, though an average pass was a 2.1. I've cut 1.8 with Nittos, but average is 2.0. I suck at launching, BTW.

I believe JGordon (J69Gordon?) on this board has cut 1.59 on the F1's, but I have no idea how he did it, and his car isn't stock.

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Only could manage a 2.27 on f1s bone stock. Wheel hop was kicking my ass had to let off on most of my runs. Any suggestions on driving style to get rid of the evil hop? Ran a 13.37 with that 2.27 60ft. With a 1.9 60ft I should be in the 12s right?

Users who are viewing this thread