stock 04 Cobra vs. de-badged Charger

65mph_Roll

Established Member
Ran a de-badged Charger so I don’t know if RT or SRT but is was very loud (sounded tough) and had enormous black breaks, and black wheels. Kinda had a de-badged / blacked-out look going. Anyway we went from a 3rd gear roll, basically from just under 4,000rpm to just under 6,500rpm and I shut it down. My back bumper was about at his front bumper. It was just a slow-steady-pull race that felt like slow motion. Very fun. Dodge guy wouldn’t even acknowledge thumbs up afterward. I hate that.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Glad you laughed and didnt get all uptight like some would have. Your race sounds about right for a basically stock 03/04 and a basically stock 6.1 SRT8.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
nice kill I dont think it was a srt8 only because I think srt8 badges is something you would wanna show off. Thats like me taking off the badges in my cobra.

T800

Established Member
nice kill I dont think it was a srt8 only because I think srt8 badges is something you would wanna show off. Thats like me taking off the badges in my cobra.

There's no way an RT would hang. I had this same exact race on the West Seattle bridge about 3mo ago, my car was bone stock except for a 92octane canned tune from Bama. He had his badges though.

Same outcome...including the lack of the thumbs up. :nonono:

Good kill OP...the Dodge guys gotta learn some sportsmanship.

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
There's no way an RT would hang. I had this same exact race on the West Seattle bridge about 3mo ago, my car was bone stock except for a 92octane canned tune from Bama. He had his badges though.

Same outcome...including the lack of the thumbs up. :nonono:

Good kill OP...the Dodge guys gotta learn some sportsmanship.

a stock r/t hell no it couldn't hang but he said it sounded nice so who's it could of been modded. Or it could of been a srt8 idk but I still say its the same as me taking off the badges on my cobra

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I agree with this. Why buy an SRT to debadge it? If anything somone might up-badge/debadge a lower model and mod it. Some just plain up badge. Posers.:nonono:

Probably because some people want a race, and a lot of people won't bother racing something they know will kick their ass. I've flirted with the idea of taking off my 5.0 badges for exactly that reason. I guarantee you I'd get a lot more races if people thought my car was a V6 as opposed to a GT.

65mph_Roll

Established Member
I want to say it did have a hood scoop cause I saw him in the rear view mirror first (and then slowed down...). I agree that unlikely an SRT would de-badge. Definately modded or just one very loud exhaust. Sounded great at WOT. I think no cats from the sound.

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Probably because some people want a race, and a lot of people won't bother racing something they know will kick their ass. I've flirted with the idea of taking off my 5.0 badges for exactly that reason. I guarantee you I'd get a lot more races if people thought my car was a V6 as opposed to a GT.

I get what your saying because I took the badges off my gt but a srt and cobra are little different thats just something most wouldn't do.

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
I want to say it did have a hood scoop cause I saw him in the rear view mirror first (and then slowed down...). I agree that unlikely an SRT would de-badge. Definately modded or just one very loud exhaust. Sounded great at WOT. I think no cats from the sound.

I see you live in ca but where at?

burnzilla

Established Member
An R/T might hang for a second if the Cobra owner drags a shift, it could turn into a drivers race although the Cobra should take it by a couples cars you would think.
Nice sportsmanship attempt, some people can't take a taillight show.

blkvenm97

Established Member
nice kill, I say it was either an srt8 or a modded up rt. there are light bolt on machs rollin around puttin hurtings on rts, I would assume a blown 03 cobra would do that as well but probably a little worse...

BlueSnake01

Established Member
It had to be an R/T. It was a one gear race running for only 2,500 rpm AT MOST. Not enough to beat an SRT that quick. Good kill nonetheless even though I really wouldn't call it a race to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread