Stock boost gauge overlays done!!!!! and ok'ed for sale on this board!

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Good news guys. The gauge overlays are done and the board moderator and owner of this site have given me the thumbs up to sell them here. Pretty nice of them don't ya think? Anyway here is a pic of the finished overlay. Sorry if it's a bit out of focus.
I am ready to take orders. The overlays are $22 each which includes s&h. You may PayPal my account which is Ray Hilton and email is [email protected]. I will be ready to mail these out Monday morning. Included will be a instruction sheet also. I'll try to keep up with my PMs if you have questions. Thanks guys for all your patience. If yo're not into the PayPal thing you can send me a check or MO to Ray Hilton 1531 Saginaw Highway Mulliken MI 48861.

StangD281

Established Member
Ray -

Looks great! One question...maybe I don't know which line is which, but my count the bold line that reads 15 is actually the 14psi line? I thought that the bold mark at the end of the stock gauge is 10. Please correct me if I am wrong.

OverToad

Established Member
I do have a question here. It's been reported that our boost guages aren't all that accurate. If that's the case, how accurate are these going to be compared to true aftermarket boost guages?

Also, how difficult is it to remove the pin?

Can a hack do it, or would we be risking damage to our dashboards and panels?

FlashSVT

Established Member
Looks great! One question...maybe I don't know which line is which, but my count the bold line that reads 15 is actually the 14psi line? I thought that the bold mark at the end of the stock gauge is 10. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Dan, I thought the same thing. Turns out the first hash mark is 12lbs of boost.

**Space due to thickness of 10 hash**

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by FlashSVT
Dan, I thought the same thing. Turns out the first hash mark is 12lbs of boost.

**Space due to thickness of 10 hash**
Thanks! I thought I was losing my mind for a second :thumbsup:

mosconiac

Established Member
It has been reported in past posts here on SVTPerformance, that the stock gauge is pretty dang accurate when compared to test equipment.

The stock gauge is accurate enough for me considering that I really do not need to know if I made 13.0psi or 13.1 psi...its pretty meaningless.

FWIW, those hip and expensive Autometer gauges are typically only accurate to within 2-3%. Certainly, not much better (if at all) than our stockers.

larryc7777

Established Member
Originally posted by OverToad
I do have a question here. It's been reported that our boost guages aren't all that accurate. If that's the case, how accurate are these going to be compared to true aftermarket boost guages?

Also, how difficult is it to remove the pin?

Can a hack do it, or would we be risking damage to our dashboards and panels?

Hey OverToad,
If you go back to the last series of posts about the gauge overlay, you will find a post & a link from me which connects back to the original gauge modification that I did on my gauge. The procedure for modifying the gauge is described there as well as the calibration technique that I used to verify the accuracy of my stock gauge. I realize that this is only valid for my gauge, but you would think that whoever supplies the gauges that Ford puts in dash would have an adequate quality control policy in place. My finding indicated that my stock gauge was accurate to within a 1/4 psi over the entire range of movement. I verified accuracy up to 20 psi.

Users who are viewing this thread