Stock bottom ends and streetable power

mtm87tx

Established Member
Hey guys im new to the board and this is my first post. I am looking to modify my truck, its a 2001 L. im not made of money so a built block is pretty much outa the question, even a kb is way outa my league. i want to get the best performance outa my truck, while remaining completly street drivable and safe. what do i do, and what order to do it in. im planning on buying all the parts threw mark down here at LFP. tell me what i need, i am looking to get to mid 12's, but i think high 12's are more realistic, thanks!

OH-MAN

Established Member
If you cannot afford a new or built motor spend the money on a good dyno tune by a reputable shop. You cannot afford to go cheap on the tune.
That said;
Chip (with tune)
Filter
Pulley
FTVB
Traction bars (save your driveline)

Learn as much as you can from these guys and boards.

Oh Yeah Welcome to the Lightning world :thumbsup:

Last edited:

supragod98

Established Member
How much do you have to spend? I would def get a valve body and 4# crank pulley with good tune. That should only cost you about $650. It wont get you into the 12's but pretty close.

mtm87tx

Established Member
yea i am trying to become a member of HALO CLUB, i am thinking about spending about 2k-3k on the truck so heres what im thinking.

Chip/tune. Predator or not?
3# lower with a 2# upper for 5+ total
air intake
ftvb
headers and mid pipes with cats
plugs
traction bars
maybe hoosiers for the track
what about gettin LFP to port the stock eaton? thanks guys
any other combos that are better please tell me!

ViciousJay

Established Member
I wouldnt touch the upper cuz there 2.93 from the factory already so, id save a little morer and get mid pipes and a catback

mtm87tx

Established Member
is upper just not good to mess with? i already have a Basanni cat back, sorry didnt mention that earlier

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Uppers are fine, They do require a special tool but i did mine before i ported the blower and then sold the tool on ebay and got all my money back. I now run the stock pulley because apten returned it to stock.

Jesse

Madferraristi

Established Member
I wouldn't go smaller on the upper. If you want 12-13 psi, go with a 4 or 6# lower. The smaller upper will cause belt slip.

Users who are viewing this thread