Stock Brake Squeal...

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
I've notice one my stock brakes have gotten warm they squeak and squeal quite a bit... Has anyone else had this problem? Is it the pad or rotor... Should I just take them off and touch them up? Any input would be nice thanks...

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
mine do this sometimes too, only when i use light pedal pressure. as soon as i press them a little harder the noise goes away.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
I noticed it a couple days ago at a light. At first I thought it was one of the other cars around me (denial) but I am pretty sure it was mine. I did notice the harder I pressed the brake the noise would go away.

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
Yeah I have the same thing but if I drive around too much I can here it when I'm near something the sound can bounce off of... Sometimes it's minor other times it sounds horrible but it comes and goes... Don't feel like removing my mods to argue with a dealership... I need a solution other than doing a brake job at 10,000km...

DaFreak

Established Member
Had the same issue in the rear. Replaced the pads with Duralast Gold Cmax from Autozone and no more noise and hardly any brake dust to boot. I got the front and rears for about $120 and they have a lifetime warranty.

Maybe slightly less stopping power than the stockers but no noise and less time wiping off brake dust makes me happy.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Check your rear axle if it's bent ...

Squeal while coasting is a sign of a bent axle or warped rotor...

Users who are viewing this thread