Stock car needs aftermarket c/c plates?

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
Took my stock 04 cobra to get aligned and was told that the camber is out of spec, and that aftermarket C/C plates will be needed to get it back into spec. Has anyone ever encountered this issue? I was told that sometimes the cars come out of spec from the factory even, and that needing C/C plates to put them back to spec is not uncommon. How common is this for our cars?

Do our cars allow for both camber and caster adjustment, and if so, to what degree with the stock hardware?

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
well i have aftermarket springs and its toeing in/out.

I need come CC plates

If its factory without any aftermarket springs then it shouldnt be a problem.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
A dissimilar max of the camber is relatively common, but I am not aware of being unable to attain factory specs as a wide spread malady.

If you are mechanically inclined You can slot the strut hole/holes and achieve camber max similarity.

I'm a little surprised that factory specs can't be achieved. Has this car been crunched?

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
A dissimilar max of the camber is relatively common, but I am not aware of being unable to attain factory specs as a wide spread malady.

If you are mechanically inclined You can slot the strut hole/holes and achieve camber max similarity.

I'm a little surprised that factory specs can't be achieved. Has this car been crunched?

No accidents. So this is a very rare occurrence you would say that factory settings cannot be obtained? I wonder if the shops alignment rack is out of whack.

Users who are viewing this thread