Stock Catback Ford Part numbers

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
speedfreak, do me a favor and take a look under the car and read the part numbers off the mufflers.

The part numbers you listed are what you would use to order them from the dealer.

Thanks

ObieFox

Established Member
Speedfreak,
"5230" for the cobra cat-back. Does anyone know what the "5232" cat back was installed on from the factory? LX's maybe??

Thanks,
Kevin

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
mystery solved!

Engineering numbers are:

For part number F3ZZ-5230-A (RH side) the engineering number is F3ZC-5230-CC

For part number F3ZZ-5230-B (LH side) the engineering number is F3ZC-5232-DC

The engineering numbers are what is stamped on the part in this case the muffler. For ordering purposes, you would use the part number speedfreak gave us.

My $150 NOS 93 Cobra catback just arrived and still has Ford stickers on it with part numbers and a shipping label to the dealer in January of 1994.

:pepper:

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
no thanks. I have already been offered $1200 for it but I want it for my car, not to turn a profit. Not to mention the guy who was bidding on it with me offered the seller $1200 for him to not ship it to me. The least I can do is use it on my car.

Looking at this exhaust sitting in my room, it boggles my mind how anyone can pay that much for it.

I do have a set of stock 93 Cobra mufflers with no flowtubes or tips that I think I will perform an autopsy (sp) on to see what is really inside :)

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
I was lucky as hell. The other bidder had offered him $1200 to sell it to him instead of to me. Most other people would have taken the extra money.

He also sold an NOS catback off a 96 Cobra for the same price.

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
well just to give an update...

It is a pain in the ass to install a welded catback. I also removed my prochamber and put the stock h pipe back on as well. I must say the car sounds amazingly good for having a stock exhaust. I was pleasantly suprised and of course, everything lined up and bolted up perfectly as it was meant to be.

I will be carving up the other 93 Cobra mufflers I have and posting pics soon :)

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Hell, for the money you could have gotten for it, I'm not so sure I would have kept it, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have installed it, unless it is a pure show car.

And yes, installing a fully welded cat back is as much a PITA as taking one out...

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
well it would have gone on someones car and for the amount of money I got it for, why shouldn't it have been mine. I would have hated to see it sit in someones garage or attic never to be used again.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Let me clarify - for the money you got it for, and the money you could sell it for, I'm not so sure I wouldn't resell it - lots of mod money in there... :D

I would have hated to see it sit in someones garage or attic never to be used again.
Pull that puppy out of the attic 20 years from now and see how much it brings... :D

Users who are viewing this thread