Stock CD player qestion

Grombil.com

Established Member
Do the stock 6 record cd player in the 2004 mod L have line out? I guess it has to have?

How dose this cd player sound compared to other midrange players`? Is it worth changing this to a Pioneer player DEH 7400... The first with Mp3 if you know this model....

Im considdering sticking to this stock cd player instead of installing a midrange cd player....

lightning666

Established Member
the headunit is the heart of a system. If your going to be using good speakers and amplifiers you should definately upgrade the headunit.

Grombil.com

Established Member
I will change it sooner ore later, but sinse im not made of money i think i shuld wait until i have money for e real good player... Iv got some info that pioneer is on the way with a 2xdin player like their top model, but without the big pricetag and obviusly other things... Im realy hoping for a 2xdin.... looks so mutch better then the 1xdin players with all the space left unused...

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
The stock headunit has no outputs, you will have to use a line level converter or have an amp with line level inputs and splice into the stock speaker wires.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
I tried the speaker and sub route. (using the stock HU).

It flat out sucks IMO. And take into account that I'm a middle aged geezer who listens to talk radio most of the time!

Rich

Dusten

Established Member
The deck you are looking at is the deck i have, and it was a world of improvement over the stocker. I ran the stocker with a small amp and a 10" sub and was unhappy at best.

TXRickC

Established Member
03/04 in dash 6 has no outputs.
I was able to use a "USA Spec" iPod interface though and control it from the stock head unit :)

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
As i changed the speakers and added 2 10"subs + amplifier the first time we cut off the wires of the stock adapter and connected all new to the stock 6-disc changer.
Sound was good but with the Alpine MP3 Radio i put in now there is a big difference... in sound quality.
My Alpine wasn´t expensive but sounds really great. (i think they are 150 Euro at the moment)

I can let you know details if needed.

André

Grombil.com

Established Member
Then ill go for my pioneer player... But then ill have to order a adapter thingy to the 1xDin player.....

Users who are viewing this thread