Stock Clutch Quadrant Question

pbeechner

Established Member
Hey guys,

I was replacing my clutch cable today with the steeda adjustable one and I think I may have ruined my stock quadrant. I know everybody says go to the steeda one anyway and I am probably going to buy it, but looking for some advice.

I got the cable hooked up to the fork at the bottom and hooked up to the quadrant in the pedal box and made sure everything was all in the channel as it should be and had everything attached. I then pushed down on the clutch pedal and all I got was it going straight to the floor and the sound of little plastic gears scraping across each other. I know the adjuster and the quadrant have plastic teeth on them for the adjustment, and right now the quadrant is at the end of it's adjustment.

I know this is a crap description, but it is the best I can do considering I can barely get in there to see it and went by what it felt like and sounded like and the little I could see.

Is my quadrant screwed, or am I missing something as to resetting the quadrant where it should be on the adjuster????

Thanks guys!

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
Why even bother with the stock POS?
Judging from your description it may need to be reset and/or just tossed at this point.
It will take you literally 10 mins too replace it with a aftermarket one of your choice. this includes jacking up the car.... Maybe one of the two springs on the quadrant itself came loose somehow?? An aftermarket one feels sooo much more solid too.

Users who are viewing this thread