stock cobra camsq

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
i want to know how much you can get for stock cobra cams???putting in stage II kit and going to have these for sale

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Just so you know... intakes are the same as Navigator, Aviator, Mach 1, Marauder...
Exhaust... I believe are the same as 99/01 Cobra...

So who would be buying them and knowing what they already have ... or not have... might help you sell them....

Aviator, Mach 1, and Marauder...have the same heads and cams as us...

Jimmy(I'm a parts guy) :thumbsup:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Jimmy...actually, I read an article from a well known mod motor builder (can't remember his name right how) where he claims the Aviator heads are actually the best ones out there right now. That's for performance. The new Cobra heads that were released this year to fix the tick are the best head for cooling and have the revised spark plug holes that are fully threaded.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
Jimmy...actually, I read an article from a well known mod motor builder (can't remember his name right how) where he claims the Aviator heads are actually the best ones out there right now. That's for performance. The new Cobra heads that were released this year to fix the tick are the best head for cooling and have the revised spark plug holes that are fully threaded.
Is there a TSB for these heads? Only if you actually have the tick? I would hate to have problems later down the road...

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
They are the latest of many releases to fix the tick. They were released in January of this year. If you have to have a head(s) replaced for the tick, these are what you will get.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
ProchargerCobra said:
i want to know how much you can get for stock cobra cams???putting in stage II kit and going to have these for sale

virtually nothing......... sold mine for $120 + shipping

sat for months on the market, at corral, posted everywhere, btt'd the crap out of em too.

finally sold them on ebay.....

that included the stock springs and retainers too. :shrug:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the Aviator intake???
A very nice N/A runner length intake w/ good flow and good potential for more!!! Somewhat similar to the FR500 intake...(both w/ the variable runner thingie and big plenum)

The heads for 03/04 SVTcobra, Mach 1, Marauder, and Aviator... are all the same part #... including the loaded(complete) ones...

And yes... The new(IE: this year) tick fix heads have come off back order... more spark plug threads... and better cooling passages... They are being kinda stingy with the replacements though... it will be tough to get one free if you don't have the guide tick(I thought I did but... I don't)...

There is a new part number for the new head... but I'm at home now... and don't have it ... It is on here somewhere though... I know I have seen it...
A search would find it I'm sure!!!

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
How do the 03/04 cobra heads compare to the FR500 heads in all areas: price, air flow, cooling capability, etc. I have heard that the FR500 heads flow a little better then the cobra heads but dont ahve better cooling. Can they be modified to cool better?

Thanks for any info.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Mike K said:
How do the 03/04 cobra heads compare to the FR500 heads in all areas: price, air flow, cooling capability, etc. I have heard that the FR500 heads flow a little better then the cobra heads but dont ahve better cooling. Can they be modified to cool better?

Thanks for any info.

A call to FRPP would answer those questions for you. They've been helpful to me in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread