Stock Cobra guys....

StangJason

Established Member
Hey be nice. I know the KB 2.1 might be an ugly sight to look at but function over looks any day under the hood ;).

Oh and I imagine a Ford GT with a KB 2.1 would be a complete beast...heck it takes a terminator at least a pulley, exhaust, cai, and tuned terminator to hang with one anyway.

To answer your question no I haven't had a chance to play with a GT much less see one on the road.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Ive had the chance to race on from a 40 roll-155 once,

by the end I was about 1 car ahead, with me having a slight pull altho he pulled me hard in the begining. You should get those cylinder heads ported so they flow better, than youll be reeling us in on the top end too =p

Im not stock, but we can runem if your curious Tim =) if its a run to anything less than 135 tho, your gonna toast me hard. I basically just wait for GTs to run out of gear up top lol =)

SHONOFF98

Established Member
Tampa03cobra said:
Ive had the chance to race on from a 40 roll-155 once,

by the end I was about 1 car ahead, with me having a slight pull altho he pulled me hard in the begining. You should get those cylinder heads ported so they flow better, than youll be reeling us in on the top end too =p

Im not stock, but we can runem if your curious Tim =) if its a run to anything less than 135 tho, your gonna toast me hard. I basically just wait for GTs to run out of gear up top lol =)

Who the fawk are you talking to? I didn't see anyone previous to you in this thread that has a FGT.

Also arent the GT's suppose to do over 200mph or whatever? Anyone in their cobras hitting that?

Tyler

P.S. You confused the fawk out of me

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
GT meaning mustang GT.

The original posters listed car is a mustang GT, hes asking if any cobra owners have run against 2.1L KB Gts, since they dont make that small of a KB for the GT supercar, one would assume were talking about the more common mustang GT.

But thats just a big leap.. I know...

Tim, any kills yet?

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
^ I disagree. Only "hp" mod I had when the KB 1.7L was installed was a magnaflow catback. I put down 340rwhp/352rwtq through an auto. That's about 360-370rwhp through a 5-speed, which is about the same or close to a bone stock terminator. Factor in the GT's lighter weight and and solid rear and I'd give it a slight advantage.

svt99rag

Established Member
I think I saw your car in Aiken at a cruise in, looked good. If you want to find out how it will do against a terminator let me know. The only mod on my car right now is CAI.

Patisi

Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
A stock Cobra is like a black Jew...Good luck finding one.

I am a stock '04 Cobra. I have alway said I was going to keep it stock. I also own a '05 GTO that is also stock. I giuess that makes me a Black Jew.

By the way there are many Black Jews. A whole bunch of them migrated to Isreal from Ethiopia in the late 70s and early 80s I believe. Look it up.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
Maybe

Dood,
Your not going to find anything closer to stock than me. MAYBE we arrange a little time in Bradenton next Test and Tune day (the 20th? of Aug?). I hope to be getting Coy's cat back and MAYBE pulley soon, so this may be your only chance to post a stock TERM kill, or not. That is a lot of MAYBE baby!
:beer:
3D

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
3Dglasses said:
Dood,
Your not going to find anything closer to stock than me. MAYBE we arrange a little time in Bradenton next Test and Tune day (the 20th? of Aug?). I hope to be getting Coy's cat back and MAYBE pulley soon, so this may be your only chance to post a stock TERM kill, or not. That is a lot of MAYBE baby!
:beer:
3D

I'm down for that, if you beat the stock terminator i'll race ya with my little 1.7L kb

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
03svtsnakevert said:
I feel that you will probably need more than a stock GT with that KB to run with a stock term...

just my .02

Theres one in every crowd :rollseyes

KB Mustang GT will beat down a stock 03/04 Cobra without much problem. a good friend of mine had a 1.7L KB 01 GT vert and could run pretty close with pullied, mid pipe and catback 03s.

When those said 03s were stock he beat them by a few cars from a roll. his numbers were 400RWHP/420RWTQ with the 1.7L on his 01 GT vert

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
Looks like the whole Tampa area "gang" is here. Anyway, I think "Dood" would take me, but after watching "O" last week, I think my money would be on him....

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
3Dglasses said:
Looks like the whole Tampa area "gang" is here. Anyway, I think "Dood" would take me, but after watching "O" last week, I think my money would be on him....

Just wait till i get my gears, diff brace and bushings installed

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
I think O and me would be a good race, im putting down 470/496, without a bottle, which was on order at one time, before I decided to put this thing for sale and buy a car that actually has traction lol.

To be honest, on the strip, Id rather have the KB GT, solid axle=slicks=traction=The win in the 1/4. But from a roll pullied/bolton Terminator owns, if you race long enough, the 5 speed guys just run out of gear/head breathing room. But stoplight to stoplight ill bet on the GT every time

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Tampa03cobra said:
I think O and me would be a good race, im putting down 470/496, without a bottle, which was on order at one time, before I decided to put this thing for sale and buy a car that actually has traction lol.

To be honest, on the strip, Id rather have the KB GT, solid axle=slicks=traction=The win in the 1/4. But from a roll pullied/bolton Terminator owns, if you race long enough, the 5 speed guys just run out of gear/head breathing room. But stoplight to stoplight ill bet on the GT every time

I wouldn't go that far Coy, the 5 speed cobras/machs don't run out of gear, or head breathing room.

The 2v GT may run out of head breathing room, and gear, due to thier lower redline, but who races to 160+ anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread