Stock fuel pump modifcation

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Could you just replace the 2 stock pumps that come with the '03 Cobra with 255lph units and by doing so increase the overall amount of power you could make without having to use the BAP or some other device?

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
stock setup is good for about 500rwhp...i think steeda sells an aftermarket setup..check out their website.

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Originally posted by Ghoust
stock setup is good for about 500rwhp...i think steeda sells an aftermarket setup..check out their website.

I already knew that the stock setup is good for the 500 to the wheels. The Steeda unit is pretty much the same thing on the '03 Cobra. I was just curious if you could take 2 255lph pumps and just put them in the place of the stock units to increase capacity.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Im not sure if larger pumps are such a great idea, they will cause excess fuel temps. I dont thinks the guys runnings 9-10's have done anything with their pumps yet have they?

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Originally posted by Shadowgray03
Im not sure if larger pumps are such a great idea, they will cause excess fuel temps. I dont thinks the guys runnings 9-10's have done anything with their pumps yet have they?

I don't believe they have. The only fuel mods they have made are the 55# injectors from Siemmens/Dieka. I was just curious if the 2 higher volume pumps would further the capacity and extend the ability to make power with these awesome cars.

Users who are viewing this thread