Stock hood weight vs. '00 r

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
Wondering how much lighter the cobra r hood is vs ours(assuming 99 hood weighs the about the same).
Thinking of new hood with quality shocks to get rid of the metal broomstick. Anyone done this with pics??

jfclague

Established Member
Originally posted by flames
I switched hoods. The Cobra R hood feels about half the weight of the stock hood. Sorry no pics yet.

Did the Cobra R hood fit? Any modifications needed? Which hood did you get (Ford, Cervinis)?

Thanks

flames

Carpi Vita
Established Member
hood

I purchased the hood from Downs Ford(they have a motorsport section) and was told it was a ford product. The fit was not perfect(bolts were not set correctly in fiberglass). To make a long story short my body shop used hood pins to hold front down and removed secondary hold down latch. I like the looks of the hood pins. I also cut slits in the hood where the fake vents are located. I do not have a hood blanket(nor do the original Cobra R's).
Bob F.

Hunter6

Established Member
Another question...does anyone make an R hood with the vents already open? Did the R's come with vented hoods? And did anyone answer the weight question yet?

Friendchicken

Well, you can buy our hood in CF from SHM and get the fit and the weight reduction... 1500 CDN or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread