stock intake

dannyboy76

93 teal black cloth #2853
Established Member
whats the most power anybody has pushed thru the stock intake? i am holding off on changing my intake so i am curiuos on how much power i would loose over a good aftermarket intake. i have a vortech strim w/2.95 pulley, twisted wedge heads. afm b21 cam, 1.7rockers, afm power pipe, snow meth/water injection, bbk long tube headers, and aem ems. any guesses?

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
I would suggest you change your intake. I have pushed a max of 403 rwhp, but now that I have the AFR heads, I think its hurting my performance, so I just ordered my Holley Systemax intake. My tuner also told me I could gain alot from an intake swap. It can only flow so much before it becomes a problem.
***Juat a note, that 403 rwhp number was with stock GT-40 heads, I am still in the proces of tunning my car with new stuff installed***
I have seen/heard of Cobra intake equipped cars here pushing 500hp +... Im sure they will chime in soon

sm1993svtblk

Established Member
I had a stock cobra intake on my old 90 coupe and ran 10.20's all day long with it. I was really impressed with it because it had no porting what so ever done to it. I know the car would have went faster but hit the stock rev limiter at the thousand foot mark every pass.

Speedfreek

Established Member
Mine made 524rwhp on a stock intake with it ported and that was only pulling til 5400rpms. It still hadn't fell off and probably would have gotten more if I would have twisted it up some more.

Last edited:

93 COBRA

Established Member
I have a Cobra intake on my '91 LX that's been extrude honed. It looks stock and still flows pretty good. Current combo made 530 rwhp with a very mild tune. I've had a Anderson Power Pipe sitting in a box for over a year that I need to get off my ass and install then hopefully bump those numbers up a bit.
100_1488.sized.jpg

~Ray~

Established Member
Cobra intakes are just as good as anything else, I know there is intakes better but the performance difference is so little it's not worth your time or $, save you $ & do something else that's going to make a real difference don't sacrifice look & your $ for 5 hp it's not worth it.

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
93 COBRA said:
I have a Cobra intake on my '91 LX that's been extrude honed. It looks stock and still flows pretty good. Current combo made 530 rwhp with a very mild tune. I've had a Anderson Power Pipe sitting in a box for over a year that I need to get off my ass and install then hopefully bump those numbers up a bit.
100_1488.sized.jpg
OMG! That's a thing of beauty!!!

blown...

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
93 COBRA said:
[/IMG]
Would you happend to run a smog pump delete kit on your set up? I relocated my alternator to the bottom cause of my blower aswell. But I havent found a delete kit that can hold the relocation braket for my alternator, So I am still running my smog pump as a pulley

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
hey speed freak this is off subject but i saw that you are partin out one of your cobras how much would you be askin for the motor and transmission. as u can see in my sig mine was stolen and would really like to put the stock driveline back in. And when i say motor i mean everything like vaccum hoses, wiring harness, and etc. pm me when you get this.

Users who are viewing this thread