Stock lip spoiler to Pedestal spoiler?

PhantomX

Established Member
I had the Pedestal spoiler on my '11 and now my '14 had the tiny little lip spoiler. If I'm doing the swap do any of the holes line up or do I have to have those filled and new ones drilled for the Pedestal one?

PhantomX

Established Member
So it would use the holes there now and then 4 extra? Or it needs 4 holes and covers the others up? or do I need to fill in the holes that are there and drill 4 new ones?

scotmach

Established Member
It will utilize four holes you have but then you would need to drill 4 additional holes.

Small stock/GT500 spoiler > ....
Pedestial spoiler > ::::

Vert

Established Member
That's a big fat no sucks cause I'm in the same situation since I own a CS

2011BLACK5OH

Established Member
sucks! only solution i can think of is trading someone that has the GT500 trunk lid or buy a new trunk lid. I haven't been able to find one tho, only carbon fiber lids

IGO 202

Established Member
I went to a local Ford dealership that had a used '13 GT with the base spoiler, I had a'13 GT with the CS spoiler. They knew the OEM pedestal spoiler cost $$$ and they swapped trunklids with me including spoilers, they had a tech do it so no charge to me.

Don't know if it was timing or a coincidence but their car sold immediately after it had been there for a while.

A lot of folks like the pedestal, I didn't so after the swap I installed a GT500 spoiler that I had been wanting.

Keep your eye out at local dealerships, some may swap one way or the other.

Dan

PhantomX

Established Member
Since I did the carbon fiber wrap on my little spoiler I kinda like it. Stands out just enough. I'm still considering the GT500 but of course I love the Pedestal spoiler too. Decisions decisions lol.

Users who are viewing this thread