Stock location Meziere I/C pump bracket

I'D WIN

Established Member
I too would like to see the datalogging numbers.

Just FYI~

When I called Meziere direct and spoke to their head tech gentleman, he said do NOT use their pump for the IC system. Just as mentioned before, it flows too fast for proper cooling and heat transfer. Even with an ice box in place, the water flows too fast to allow for any advantage. I don't want to repeat what has already been said time and time again so good luck and keep us posted.

If in fact you have the numbers to prove otherwise, I too will be buying one!

chrisheltra

Established Member
I'D WIN said:
I too would like to see the datalogging numbers.

Just FYI~

When I called Meziere direct and spoke to their head tech gentleman, he said do NOT use their pump for the IC system. Just as mentioned before, it flows too fast for proper cooling and heat transfer. Even with an ice box in place, the water flows too fast to allow for any advantage. I don't want to repeat what has already been said time and time again so good luck and keep us posted.

If in fact you have the numbers to prove otherwise, I too will be buying one!

I will keep you posted!

FordFanStan

Established Member
Chris, you never posted datalog results buddy ? :poke: . Just curous if you had them . As you know, I have installed a couple of these so far now without issue, but these were on two different trucks with no working i/c pump, so there were no before datalogs by me either. These were installed in aftermarket locations with aftermarket i/c cooling systems too, I hard wired both into the stock lengthened wire. Tomorrow I am going to install another on a local L customers truck, (as long as my fittigns come in time) in th stock location with a bracket similar to yours, so I will try to get some before and afters to see, but this guys pump is intermittently going out as well. I have been seeing lots and lots of stcok i/c pumps failing the past 1-2 months on both Harleys and L's and haven't figured out why :shrug: ... Stan

chrisheltra

Established Member
To be honest with you my stock pump wasnt working at 100% and really I never did datalog like I said I was going to b/c I hadnt been to the dragstrip that much since I put the new pump in. The dragstrips last weekend for the season is this weekend and so is my brothers wedding so I doubt I will have the chance to do it this weekend. Even if I did do it this weekend the ambient temps are dramaticaly different now than they were when I did my last datalog so the data wouldnt be very inconclusive. Sorry I kinda dropped the ball on this one.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Chris = Slacker haha :poke: :D ...

Well come to find out, I forgot, this customers vehicle has no other i/c cooling system mods, stock tank, etc. so I will def try to get some before and after datalogs hopefully. It may not be the best result with the stock setup sinc ethe new pumps flows much quicker, but we will see... Stan

chrisheltra

Established Member

Well come to find out, I forgot, this customers vehicle has no other i/c cooling system mods, stock tank, etc. so I will def try to get some before and after datalogs hopefully. It may not be the best result with the stock setup sinc ethe new pumps flows much quicker, but we will see... Stan

Yes please dont be a slacker like me and post the data lol

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member

with the higher flow you should see some better numbers. For how long you see those numbers before the coolant reaches equalibrium is a different story :)

I'D WIN

Established Member
To be honest with you my stock pump wasnt working at 100% and really I never did datalog like I said I was going to b/c I hadnt been to the dragstrip that much since I put the new pump in. The dragstrips last weekend for the season is this weekend and so is my brothers wedding so I doubt I will have the chance to do it this weekend. Even if I did do it this weekend the ambient temps are dramaticaly different now than they were when I did my last datalog so the data wouldnt be very inconclusive. Sorry I kinda dropped the ball on this one.

Wanna give me your not so good working pump?

I just need an extra for burping the system. Works very well after you've drained and refilled a complete (not stock) IC setup.

Users who are viewing this thread