Stock MAF limits?

RTornio

Established Member
I tried to search, but every time i searched, it gave me an error.

My 02 L has minor bolt on mods; C&L upper plenum, K&N intake, magnaflow exhaust, 2.7 upper pulley, metco aux idler... soon will be adding a 4# lower pulley and retuning. Will i max my factory maf? Do i need to buy a new one? Im new to the ford and modular world. Thanks guys...

lvgolfer962

Established Member
you will probably be right on the edge of needing one. a really cold day with some good air might peg the stock maf. for 150-200 it pretty cheap insurance to just get a sct maf or the diablo extender

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Its hard to say. Some peg at 400hp, some peg at 450hp. Get you a SCT maf or a mafia extender so you don't have to worry about it.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Upgrade the Maf when you add more boost for safety. It would be fine now in the heat, when the weather cools off and the air becomes more dense the stocker will max out on you.

When you have time please read the FAQ page, I think that the Maf is covered there.

:thumbsup:

RTornio

Established Member
I bought an SCT BA2600 MAF.. just wondering if i went too big on the MAF, haha.. Should i have picked up a BA2400 instead? I know the 2600 and 3000 have higher HP limits.. but do these things have a lower hp limit? Just curious... i havent installed it yet. Waiting to put on the 4# lower pulley, then put the maf on and tune it..

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I bought an SCT BA2600 MAF.. just wondering if i went too big on the MAF, haha.. Should i have picked up a BA2400 instead? I know the 2600 and 3000 have higher HP limits.. but do these things have a lower hp limit? Just curious... i havent installed it yet. Waiting to put on the 4# lower pulley, then put the maf on and tune it..

You should be fine. I had a 2800 on my 04 with a 6# lower. It was just way to close for comfort on the stocker, and i got a good deal on it but worked great.

Robert Francis

Established Member
Something to keep in mind: the SCT 2600 MAF is "not" plug and play. If you just install it without being tuned for it, your truck will run poorly, if at all.

Users who are viewing this thread