Stock rear trailing arms

Vib_93

Established Member
Can somebody point me in the direction to which Lower arm bushings the 93 Cobra came with stock. It sounds like at some point Ford switched between Round fwd bushings and oval ones. I am thinking about installing the Energy Suspension 4.3115 kit in mine. Also can anyone confirm that the stock uppers are indeed the FRPP 5500-A items?

ZD302GT

Zach
Established Member
on my 93 GT they were oval on the lowers. i replaced them with upr chromoly with urathane bushings. they are lighter, stronger, look better, and it for sure handles and hooks better. thats with uppers and lowers replaced.

Vib_93

Established Member
I guess I'll have to crawl under it and take another peak. I jacked it up this weekend to look over all the bushings and took a bunch of pictures of all of them but I cant for the life of me tell if they are round or Oval by the pics.:shrug:

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Lower arms are oval on the body side and round on the axle side. Uppers are round on both sides.

Vib_93

Established Member
Well I crawled under my car again today and they are indeed the Oval style bushings. But then I made the mistake of starting to read some stuff on the net again and came up with 2 new questions.
1. Are the stock upper rear control arms for the 93 Cobra the same as the FRPP M-5500-A arms?
2 Are the Stock front control arms for the 93 Cobra the same as the FRPP M-3750-A arms?

All my reading says the Cobra had different spec bushings fore and aft to the regular cars in 93, which is pretty much what the above items are. Just wasn't able to find the answers on the net.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
93 Cobra control arms are the same as GT/LX5.0... the Police(SSP) Mustang Coupes had the stiffer bushings that are offered in the FRPP parts

Users who are viewing this thread