Stock SHO clicks the beams at 13.84!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
couldn't make it friday, so i hit tristate today.

i had tried playing on the street to figure out the best launch, i tired mashing off idle and stalling it up to around 2k 2200, about as far as it would go without pulling. the car really seemed like it felt better just mashing the gas, so thats what i did both passes

air was decent about 59 degress by the car temp gauge, car was almost full temp still maybe about 20 mins of cooling

1st pass 2.11 60' the car went [email protected] mph

had a little more time to cool, the air temp gauge said 62, but it felt more like 70, i'll have to check the weather site, my car was sitting in the shade, so 70 prob is more accurate

anyway, 2nd pass i pulled a 2.09 60' and the car went a [email protected] mph

in all honesty with having the aftermarket wheels, and the air around here i was hoping for a 14.2 or so, i was very happy to get a 13, much less 2

tristates scales arent the best, but their scales had me at 4570, and i'm about 285, i'm going to try to his some truck scales that should be more accurate

i'll get the timeslips up later!!!

my car has the performance pack so it does have the better gear ratios.

i should have my programmer wed, should pick up about 25 awp with it. it's not a boost increase, just a few small changes for now

torrie at unleashed is doing a bunch of r&d on his car and should be at the track with his wed and will hopefully have some boost update tuning ready soon

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
couldn't make it friday, so i hit tristate today.

i had tried playing on the street to figure out the best launch, i tired mashing off idle and stalling it up to around 2k 2200, about as far as it would go without pulling. the car really seemed like it felt better just mashing the gas, so thats what i did both passes

air was decent about 59 degress by the car temp gauge, car was almost full temp still maybe about 20 mins of cooling

1st pass 2.11 60' the car went [email protected] mph

had a little more time to cool, the air temp gauge said 62, but it felt more like 70, i'll have to check the weather site, my car was sitting in the shade, so 70 prob is more accurate

anyway, 2nd pass i pulled a 2.09 60' and the car went a [email protected] mph

in all honesty with having the aftermarket wheels, and the air around here i was hoping for a 14.2 or so, i was very happy to get a 13, much less 2

tristates scales arent the best, but their scales had me at 4570, and i'm about 285, i'm going to try to his some truck scales that should be more accurate

i'll get the timeslips up later!!!

my car has the performance pack so it does have the better gear ratios.

i should have my programmer wed, should pick up about 25 awp with it. it's not a boost increase, just a few small changes for now

torrie at unleashed is doing a bunch of r&d on his car and should be at the track with his wed and will hopefully have some boost update tuning ready soon

What's up with the 60'? Shouldn't they be lower than that with an AWD vehicle with that much torque in the low end? Can't complain with the 1/4 mile times though, good runs!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What's up with the 60'? Shouldn't they be lower than that with an AWD vehicle with that much torque in the low end? Can't complain with the 1/4 mile times though, good runs!

car doesn't come on til after the first 2nd, i played around with launching it stalling and mashing it on the street, it just lags for a sec

launching you gotta figure, almost 4600lbs on a v6 motor until the boost kicks in

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
car doesn't come on til after the first 2nd, i played around with launching it stalling and mashing it on the street, it just lags for a sec

launching you gotta figure, almost 4600lbs on a v6 motor until the boost kicks in

My bet is that the lag is in the tune to save the drivetrain. Good numbers nonetheless.

SHOspazz92

Established Member
I just saw the Dyno Numbers for a stock SHO on the Ford GT Forums. 260AWHP. It first glance, The numbers seemed low but you gotta figure with 20'' Wheels, Automatic Transmission and it being AWD that a 28% drivetrain loss makes sense and brings it right at 365 CHP. I also saw that nothing but the handheld was yeilding gains of 25-30 WHP.

Nice numbers.

-Sam

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I just saw the Dyno Numbers for a stock SHO on the Ford GT Forums. 260AWHP. It first glance, The numbers seemed low but you gotta figure with 20'' Wheels, Automatic Transmission and it being AWD that a 28% drivetrain loss makes sense and brings it right at 365 CHP. I also saw that nothing but the handheld was yeilding gains of 25-30 WHP.

Nice numbers.

-Sam

yeah, i talked to torrie yesterday and he said 260awp, i was like man 29% loss, ouch

heres the slips from yesterday,

looking at them and the math, looks like the 2nd half didn't change much at all

out of my 6.1 hundreths time increase, only .06 thousanths was on the 2nd half of the track

.39 of the pickup was in the 60'

looking at dragtimes.com d/a of the track is 593 and the corrected was 1481, if you figure the typical .01 for 1000 feet, that puts the car right at the 13.70 the mags claim

shoslip1.jpg

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Nice times! When the prices come down, my wife may have a new car!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
weighed my wheels this morning, they weighed in at 33lbs, wheelpros said my helos are 42, so i'm giving up 9lbs of rotational weight on each wheel, that could be a tenth or better there

4vmn12

Perpetual project creator
Established Member
OMG, based on the power numbers I never thought that car would pull that kind of a number.

Damn that power must be under-rated, my New-Stock 2001 Cobra only did 13.32 @107.59, and that car was a damn site lighter, with just as much power or more at the tire; (only had cat-back exhaust, and chip)

Todd03Blown

Established Member
awesome stuff!! I really want one of these as my new DD instead of a 2010 GT500!! I just love all the creature comforts and technology this car has to offer!! ford hit a homerun with this thing!!

Users who are viewing this thread