Stock stereo question

Skudra

Established Member
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I couldnt find one about stereos. If there is one please tell me! Anyways...

I have an 05 GT with the stock stereo in it. I am wanting to put in my Kenwood 1000watt amp and ten inch subs this summer. Do I need to get an aftermarket deck in order to make this work? Or can I use the stock one to get me by?

Thanks for the help!

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
The stock radio will have some distortion in it, it wont give you a clean sound.

With an aftermarket headunit you will clean that right up

OK, I am going to get a shop to do it.

problem with that is, they'll tell you that you will need an aftermarket h/u, need to rewire the whole car, and get rid of your factory amps.

get the h/u, and a wiring harness kit, then run your subs and amp to the h/u and call it a day. it's not hard to do.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
So for a higher quality sound and a lot less hassle grab an aftermarket head unit?

Yes and no, it's still a hassle to put in an aftermarket headunit. You will either need to use LOCs or a headunit with pream outs, also you will need a custom harness no matter how you slice it. So if you are satisfied with the sound and just want more bass then keep your headunit, if you want better overall sound get a headunit. In any case you have to do some wiring.

Skudra

Established Member
OK thanks for the replies guys...much appreciated. I may still just use the factory head unit because Im on a tight budget. We'll see how much I can get a h/u for and the install. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread