Stock suspension?

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
Are the bilstein HD shocks and struts stock replacements? Im trying to figure out exactly what terminators have stock.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Glad you both have verts. I have 4 new HDs in a box ready to go on with my H&R Race when the weather warms up. They are a more aggressive valve rate than stock, especially the verts. So the progression, from softer to firmer, is Stock Vert, Stock Coupe, HD.

I'd match em with new springs, not stock, if I were you. Maximum motorsports is really helpful, even if you don't buy with them. I got mine @ AJUSA.com on their holiday sale.

I can't remember the specific valve rates and am at work so can't spend too much time looking them up at the moment. When matched with a stiffer spring it'll be a nice sporty ride though. I have a build thread going in Teminator talk and will be posting updates there as well as I get my parts on.

shurur

Established Member
The H&R race springs are virtually the same rate as the 2000R springs and the Bilstein B8 sport strut/shock rates matches the 2000R strut/shock rates.

Last edited:

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
The Bilstines HD are a stock replacement strut and shock. The HD's do have a better valving from the stock 03-04 Cobra Bilstines and the HD's are an upgrade. The HD's do complement the H&R Race springs very nicely.

I have a set of front and IRS rear Bilstines HD's that only have 500 miles on them that im thinking of letting go if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread