Stock vs. Steeda CAI Dyno

65sohc

Established Member
I attended a dyno day today. On stock tune/CAI hp was 387@6907 and torque 348@4712. With Steeda CAI and AED tune figures were 407@6683 and 354@5336. This was on a Mustang dyno.

Tyler72

Established Member
Pretty impressive! My car put down 361 HP on a Mustang Dyno, & they are definitely greedy lol. But they are also very accurate. Anyway, I plan to take my car to the 420 RWHP range with a CAI, Long tubes, & full exhaust with high flow cats. I would like to do it without a tune just for the sake of not blowing my warranty completely out of the water, but once its all done & the car is a few years old, I might consider tuning the car to get the most from the mods.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Pretty impressive! My car put down 361 HP on a Mustang Dyno, & they are definitely greedy lol. But they are also very accurate. Anyway, I plan to take my car to the 420 RWHP range with a CAI, Long tubes, & full exhaust with high flow cats. I would like to do it without a tune just for the sake of not blowing my warranty completely out of the water, but once its all done & the car is a few years old, I might consider tuning the car to get the most from the mods.

I don't think you can do those or basically any mods with out a tune. The car will throw CEL for sure. IMO you want to keep the warranty, the only mods that are friendly with the stock tune are a cat back and I heard a throttle body can work too... But that is it.

bpmurr

Established Member
I attended a dyno day today. On stock tune/CAI hp was 387@6907 and torque 348@4712. With Steeda CAI and AED tune figures were 407@6683 and 354@5336. This was on a Mustang dyno.

I'd be interested to see how much of the gain was really from the CAI and not just tune.

65sohc

Established Member
I was too. That's why I jumped at the chance to get three pulls for 40 bucks. The shop owner was nice enough to let me swap intakes and return the tune to stock between runs while a bunch of guys were waiting their turn. Anyway, Shaun tuned it last year at his shop with the stock intake and picked up 7 hp. When I got the Steeda intake he revised it to account for the larger MAF housing. Presumably the extra 13 hp are from the CAI.

Users who are viewing this thread