Stock wheel center caps?

nccobra97

Established Member
Got a '97...
and am runnin' the stock rims (gray scallops)
and the center caps have seen better days...
where can I get new ones?
also, has anyone else noticed that the New Edge V6
models sport a wheel that appears to use the same cap?

as always....thanks for all the help....

1997 Cobra 'vert
Crystal White/black leather

newfie bullet

Established Member
I noticed that the New Edge V6 models sport a wheel that appears to use the same cap but will they fit on the cobra wheel? I would like to get new ones for my stock wheels. You never know I may change back to them some day.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
mps auto salvage will be your best bet. ford hasnt made them for many years and there arent anymore in inventory.

check craigslist and ebay....though youll pay a lot them. stupid ass tire changers bust em out with hammers or other stupid crap. i had to replace a set cause a tire tech used the axle end on the tire balancing machine to pop the caps out. i watched him do it from inside and literally ran out in the bay and asked him wtf he was doing, then told him he was a lazy p.o.s. i flew apart. i asked him if he could read and when he said yes, i showed him where it says "remove by hand" right on the center cap lol. he ruined 3 caps total that way, i didnt see him until he was on the third one. cheap ass shop only reimbursed me for that one. punk ass tech also left his caveman greasy finger prints all over the inside of the car.

moral of story, remove them yourself and keep a spare set of center caps.

Users who are viewing this thread