Stock ZR1 Dyno

AWDLS2

Established Member
Went to the dyno today found out the car doesn't like 91 or heat, so I know how you GT500 and Cobra owners feel lol. Was pulling 6* of timing and waiting a little longer between pulls was almost a 30whp difference.

Sucks I basically gotta run a 50/50mix 91 & 100mix now so I hopefully won't still be pulling 6* of timing and get all the power it makes stock.
PhotoGrid_1393027428195_zpsws8mi7wo.jpg

[youtube_browser]ZlukZsF31do[/youtube_browser]

BigDan

Established Member
Get a pulley and cooling upgrade on that ZR1 ASAP.....My stock 2011 GT500 made 521whp when it was bone stock and its rated almost 100 hp less at the crank then you Z.

AWDLS2

Established Member
Sounds good. What are you expecting, power wise after your pulley and tune?
On 91 580-590whp
Get a pulley and cooling upgrade on that ZR1 ASAP.....My stock 2011 GT500 made 521whp when it was bone stock and its rated almost 100 hp less at the crank then you Z.

After the first pull we waited longer between pulls and kept making more, the main issue was octane only the first pull iirc was pulling timing due to the IATs. Stock ZR1s seem to make between 520-540whp, and with a mix of 91 & 100 to get the octane around 93ish we think 540whp was prolly doable

SVTORANGE

Established Member
all too familiar there are some nice mods you can do to take care of this issue:banana:

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
all too familiar there are some nice mods you can do to take care of this issue:banana:

Ya a turbo.... F*ck a heat soaking a** blower. I'll never own another one unless it's a centri. Decent numbers all things considered op!

Last edited:

AWDLS2

Established Member
Car sounds good Drew.
Thanks man I think it sounds pretty good stock too
I got all my goodies bought already but one :rolling: should pick up a lot of power on e85 with the little tweaks
Ya a turbo.... F*ck a heat soaking a** blower. I'll never own another one unless it's a centri. Decent numbers all things considered op!

Honestly I always thought cobra and gt500 owners exaggerated talking about their cars getting heat soak between pulls on the highway but I now fully understand lol. On every pull having 6* of timing pulled only difference being more cool down between pulls and it having that much affect is nuts

Intervention302

Established Member
[youtube_browser]R3vYgZccxKY[/youtube_browser]

This was my Dad;s a few years back. Bone stock

AWDLS2

Established Member
I love ZR1's but can't stand those damn top mount blowers.

Throw a 100 shot on it.
Rather just do pulley and ported snout/TB with e85 then later on heat exchanger. But I know plenty of people spray these cars on stock bottom end and they take it no problem

ctgreddy

Established Member
must be in a warm climate, there was just a zr1 baselined a couple days ago at work with 3 back to back pulls I believe they were all within 6whp or so. Should easily reach your goal tho for power after a pulley/tune.

AWDLS2

Established Member
must be in a warm climate, there was just a zr1 baselined a couple days ago at work with 3 back to back pulls I believe they were all within 6whp or so. Should easily reach your goal tho for power after a pulley/tune.
Was like 75* iirc and IATs just take a while to come down I guess
:rockon:

nice car.
Thanks man, I'm sure u love e85 in ur car. Can't wait to join that club

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
My buddies ZR1 dynoed around the same stock number... 540ish. But had to cool down to make it. But he ran 11.0 at 130 100% stock on stock tires.... so it was fast. On a private airport runway my stock C6Z06 could hang within a car on 60-150 pulls though. Heat soak? If you drive the ZR1 back to back with the Z06 it feels so much faster then the Z06...

Users who are viewing this thread