Stop ship on all Shelby GT500s

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Well that's not going to help the battle against outrageos ADMS....
This is fuel on the dealer's fire of lies...
"Oh these are very rare, ford recently stopped production..."
And watch ford will end up shipping 14,000 of these bloody things.
Cuz it's not like a vette z06 where they need a new frame etc. It's the same mustang shell, with diff components, so they can make a crapload of them. Not like it's an all-aluminum version of the shell. (cough* ford idea *cough). Then we will see who is laughin when the dealers have 5 on the lot that they can't move even at msrp...
Well hopefully any guys who already paid or put money down on a car will be able to get delivery soon. And produciton will be back up and going within 3 days to a week.

Formula51

Established Member
I am thinking these few quality holds, coupled with the ADM's, might actually be good things for those buyers weighting for prices to fall. I think it means they will have to wait longer, but when Ford finally gets the quality taken care of and production ramped up, the cars will be flooding the lots. Potentially, this could take place as the hype on the car starts to die down and there are new cars on the market to distract buyers. Thus, ADM's quickly disappear and shortly after, rebates appear.

The longer the ADM's last, the better for the consumer. This is of course not always the case, but look at cars that had ADM's for a long time, like the GTO and the Terminators. If they last too long, they deters the buyers and the bottom falls out of the market on the car. Thus, prices have to come down. This is exactly what happened to the Terminators and the GTO, which offered rebates/employee pricing a little over a year after each of them debuted.

Just a thought.

Zalec

Established Member
in that thread that is linked here they said a video of a race between GT500 and a terminator....does anyone have that link pleasE?

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
If the ADM's weren't reason enough to wait a while, this news sure as hell is. I agree with Formula; let the precious few wallow on the lots and continue to disuade buyers who look elsewhere, then dump a larger supply on the dealers.

Any news on what the quality hold was for? The granularity of my concern varies depending if we're talking about improperly torqued lug nuts and throwing dampners through the garage floor.

Bert5.0

blah
Established Member
Cobra Jet 429 said:
...Not like it's an all-aluminum version of the shell. (cough* ford idea *cough)...

Only two problems with that idea. First being the price of aluminum, the second being how much more difficult it is to work with. Jaguar has been having all kinds of fun working with aluminum sheetmetal.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
03SoCalCobra said:
The granularity of my concern varies depending if we're talking about improperly torqued lug nuts and throwing dampners through the garage floor.
LMAO!
I'd hate to hear something like that was happening, but still funny.
:lol:
S.

Users who are viewing this thread